Sunil Joshi murder case: Chargesheet against Pragya filed
Dewas(MP): The Dewas Police have filed a
chargesheet against Sadhvi Pragya Singh Thakur and others in
connection with the murder of RSS worker Sunil Joshi in 2007.
The chargesheet running into 432 pages was filed
yesterday in the First Class Judicial Magistrate (JMFC)
Padmesh Shah`s court, a day after Pragya was formally arrested
at a hospital in Mumbai where she was undergoing treatment.
It contains statements of 124 witnesses and also has
The chargesheet said that Pragya confessed before the
Dewas Police in Mumbai that Joshi was killed because he
misbehaved with her and his overall behaviour was something
not expected by a woman.
She also told the police that Joshi was misusing the
money that came to him from the party and other sources.
Besides Pragya Thakur, the chargesheet names Anand Raj
Kataria, Harshad Solanki, Vasudev Parmar and Ramchandra Patel
as accused in the case.
All of them have been charged under sections 302, 120B,
201 and 34 of the IPC and sections 25 and 27 of the Arms
Two other accused in the case Mehul and Rakesh, both
hailing from Gujarat, are still absconding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing