Sushma challenges Sonia`s claim, claims says NDA to regain power
New Delhi: Leader of the Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj on Saturday countered UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi`s contention that UPA will retain power in the next elections and said claimed NDA will form the government after the polls.
Talking to reporters on the sidelines of a programme here earlier in the day, Gandhi expressed confidence that UPA will come back to power after the next polls and maintained that the rights given to the people by the ruling alliance were its USP.
Asked for her response to Gandhi`s claim, Swaraj said "NDA will 100 per cent come to power after the next elections".
Gandhi also ruled out early polls saying, "Our aim is to go till the very end."
BJP has been demanding that government should seek a fresh mandate in the wake of economic slowdown, sliding Rupee, a series of scams and a host of scams allegedly involving union ministers.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India