Suspension of 7 RS members likely to be revoked soon
New Delhi: A solution is expected on the
issue of suspension of seven Rajya Sabha members by evening.
An assurance to this effect was given today by
Parliamentary Affairs Minister P K Bansal in the Lok Sabha
after RJD member Raghuvansh Prasad Singh vociferously
protested against the members being kept out of the Upper
"What about the seven members who have been thrown out of
the Rajya Sabha," Singh asked soon after Leader of the House
Pranab Mukherjee made a statement that an agreement had been
reached on the smooth functioning of the Lok Sabha.
"They are on hunger strike," said Shailendra Kumar (SP).
This prompted Bansal to assure the Lok Sabha that the
matter was under discussion between the suspended members and
"I am hopeful a solution will be arrived at by evening,"
Earlier, agitating members disrupted the Question Hour in
the Rajya Sabha over this issue.
Subhash Yadav (RJD), Sabir Ali (LJP), Veerpal Singh Yadav,
Nand Kishore Yadav, Amir Alam Khan and Kamal Akhtar (all SP),
and Ejaz Ali (unattached) were suspended from the House for
the remaining part of the Budget session for their unruly
behaviour in the Upper House when the Women`s Reservation Bill
was moved for discussion.
Congress withdraws Sadhu Yadav`s suspension
The Bihar Congress Thursday formally
withdrew the suspension of Anirudh Prasad alias Sadhu Yadav,
against whom the action was taken for reportedly criticising
the Women`s Reservation Bill, following intervention by party
leader Jagdish Tytler.
"We have withdrawn Yadav`s suspension after his
explanation on his reported stand on Women`s Reservation
Bill has been found to be satisfactory," Bihar Pradesh
Congress Committee chief Anil Sharma said.
Sharma had yesterday suspended Sadhu, brother-in-law of
RJD chief Lalu Yadav, from the party for reportedly speaking
against the Women`s Reservation Bill, but his statement did
not find favour with AICC general secretary in-charge of
state affairs, Jagdish Tytler.
"He (Sadhu) does not stand suspended as announced by BPCC
president Anil Sharma earlier in the day," Tytler had said
yesterday, adding that Yadav had personally explained his
position to him stating that he believed in the policies and
programmes of the Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?