Swamy demands Vaiko`s arrest over remarks against Lankan envoy
New Delhi: Janata Party president Subramanian Swamy on Thursday termed MDMK chief Vaiko`s remarks against Sri Lankan High Commissioner Prasad Kariyawasam as "scurrilous" and demanded his arrest.
"The scurrilous remarks of MDMK leader Vaiko against the High Commissioner of Sri Lanka Prasad Kariyawasam is an offence under Sections 124A and 125 of the Indian Penal Code.
"The Tamil Nadu Police must immediately register a suo motu FIR against Vaiko, arrest him for custodial interrogation and launch his prosecution. Otherwise, the Crime Branch in the Home Ministry should register the FIR," Swamy said in a statement.
Vaiko had yesterday sought criminal prosecution of the Sri Lankan envoy under sedition charges for allegedly trying to instigate north Indians against the people of Tamil Nadu.
Kariyawasam has blatantly violated "diplomatic immunity" by reportedly sending email to media houses recently in which he claimed Sinhalese have their origin in Odisha and West Bengal, Vaiko had said in a letter to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Infosys names Anantha Radhakrishnan as new BPO head
- Lok Sabha Speaker should reconsider travelling in Jaguar: Congress
- Watch: After 67 years of concrete prison 'world's loneliest elephant' dies in Tokyo
- SunRisers Hyderabad enter maiden IPL final with four-wicket win over Gujarat Lions
- Over 80 percent of world's city dwellers breathe polluted air: WHO