Taj Mahal being spruced up for Sarkozy visit
Agra: The Taj Mahal and Fatehpur Sikri are being spruced up for French President Nicolas Sarkozy and his wife Carla Bruni`s visit on Sunday.
A French official delegation visited Fatehpur Sikri on Wednesday to see the arrangements, in particular the Sheikh Salim Chisti`s tomb and the Archaeological Survey of India`s guest house.
The advance team also reviewed the security arrangements and medical services in Agra.
The couple, along with a high-level delegation comprising ministers and top businessmen, will arrive in India on December 4 for a four-day visit, during which India and France are likely to further increase cooperation in civil nuclear energy.
Sarkozy will visit Bangalore, Agra, New Delhi and Mumbai. He will hold delegation-level formal talks with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in the national capital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FBI probes Democratic email hack, but is Russia to blame?
- Florida shooting: Three taken into custody, more suspects sought
- Dope test scandal: After wrestler Narsingh Yadav, shot putter Inderjeet Singh tests positive for banned substance
- Historic solar flight marks first round-the-world journey
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic