Taj Mahal being spruced up for Sarkozy visit
Agra: The Taj Mahal and Fatehpur Sikri are being spruced up for French President Nicolas Sarkozy and his wife Carla Bruni`s visit on Sunday.
A French official delegation visited Fatehpur Sikri on Wednesday to see the arrangements, in particular the Sheikh Salim Chisti`s tomb and the Archaeological Survey of India`s guest house.
The advance team also reviewed the security arrangements and medical services in Agra.
The couple, along with a high-level delegation comprising ministers and top businessmen, will arrive in India on December 4 for a four-day visit, during which India and France are likely to further increase cooperation in civil nuclear energy.
Sarkozy will visit Bangalore, Agra, New Delhi and Mumbai. He will hold delegation-level formal talks with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in the national capital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why