Taj Mahal being spruced up for Sarkozy visit
Agra: The Taj Mahal and Fatehpur Sikri are being spruced up for French President Nicolas Sarkozy and his wife Carla Bruni`s visit on Sunday.
A French official delegation visited Fatehpur Sikri on Wednesday to see the arrangements, in particular the Sheikh Salim Chisti`s tomb and the Archaeological Survey of India`s guest house.
The advance team also reviewed the security arrangements and medical services in Agra.
The couple, along with a high-level delegation comprising ministers and top businessmen, will arrive in India on December 4 for a four-day visit, during which India and France are likely to further increase cooperation in civil nuclear energy.
Sarkozy will visit Bangalore, Agra, New Delhi and Mumbai. He will hold delegation-level formal talks with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in the national capital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SRH vs KKR, IPL 2016: Kuldeep's spell; Yuvraj's knock; Bhuvi-Mustafizur's accuracy – three talking points
- This packing hack is just awesome! Watch video
- Modi govt@2: Have an enormous task ahead, says PM
- Hindu majority needed to save democracy in India, Uniform Civil Code important: Subramanian Swamy
- Good news for wait-listed passengers! Now upgrade to Air India if train ticket not confirmed