Taj Mahal being spruced up for Sarkozy visit
Agra: The Taj Mahal and Fatehpur Sikri are being spruced up for French President Nicolas Sarkozy and his wife Carla Bruni`s visit on Sunday.
A French official delegation visited Fatehpur Sikri on Wednesday to see the arrangements, in particular the Sheikh Salim Chisti`s tomb and the Archaeological Survey of India`s guest house.
The advance team also reviewed the security arrangements and medical services in Agra.
The couple, along with a high-level delegation comprising ministers and top businessmen, will arrive in India on December 4 for a four-day visit, during which India and France are likely to further increase cooperation in civil nuclear energy.
Sarkozy will visit Bangalore, Agra, New Delhi and Mumbai. He will hold delegation-level formal talks with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in the national capital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- BJP protesters cane-charged in Lucknow, over dozen injured
- 2016 US Open: Novak Djokovic, Serena Williams named top seeds for season's final Grand Slam
- Bulandshahr gang-rape accused plead not guilty, demand narco test to prove innocence
- Was Osho murdered by his followers?
- China hopes for early talks with Phillipines on South China Sea