Taj Mahal being spruced up for Sarkozy visit
Agra: The Taj Mahal and Fatehpur Sikri are being spruced up for French President Nicolas Sarkozy and his wife Carla Bruni`s visit on Sunday.
A French official delegation visited Fatehpur Sikri on Wednesday to see the arrangements, in particular the Sheikh Salim Chisti`s tomb and the Archaeological Survey of India`s guest house.
The advance team also reviewed the security arrangements and medical services in Agra.
The couple, along with a high-level delegation comprising ministers and top businessmen, will arrive in India on December 4 for a four-day visit, during which India and France are likely to further increase cooperation in civil nuclear energy.
Sarkozy will visit Bangalore, Agra, New Delhi and Mumbai. He will hold delegation-level formal talks with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in the national capital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption