Take environmental issues on priority: House panel to Govt
Jammu: Seeking intervention, the Environment
Committee of Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Assembly today
asked the state government to take up issues related to
environment on priority.
The committee, which met here under chairmanship of MLA
Nizam-ud-Din Bhat, said that prior to submission of the final
report to the House, some immediate measures are needed to be
taken to save the state from economic and geographical
The committee suggested that declining water table and
natural beauty of the state, particularly the Kashmir valley,
demands focused attention.
It was also suggested that guidance should be sought from
the Union Ministry of Environment and efforts should be made
to find out models, which can help the state in planning the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Telcos take cover under new technology to mask call drops
- Black money: PM Modi to visit Switzerland, discuss issue with Swiss Prez
- Indian discus thrower Seema Punia qualifies for 2016 Rio Olympics
- Karan Singh Grover had a great time at 'The Kapil Sharma Show', wants to visit again!
- Delhi L-G Najeeb Jung refuses AAP govt’s proposed app-based premium bus service scheme