Take environmental issues on priority: House panel to Govt
Jammu: Seeking intervention, the Environment
Committee of Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Assembly today
asked the state government to take up issues related to
environment on priority.
The committee, which met here under chairmanship of MLA
Nizam-ud-Din Bhat, said that prior to submission of the final
report to the House, some immediate measures are needed to be
taken to save the state from economic and geographical
The committee suggested that declining water table and
natural beauty of the state, particularly the Kashmir valley,
demands focused attention.
It was also suggested that guidance should be sought from
the Union Ministry of Environment and efforts should be made
to find out models, which can help the state in planning the
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know