Take environmental issues on priority: House panel to Govt
Jammu: Seeking intervention, the Environment
Committee of Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Assembly today
asked the state government to take up issues related to
environment on priority.
The committee, which met here under chairmanship of MLA
Nizam-ud-Din Bhat, said that prior to submission of the final
report to the House, some immediate measures are needed to be
taken to save the state from economic and geographical
The committee suggested that declining water table and
natural beauty of the state, particularly the Kashmir valley,
demands focused attention.
It was also suggested that guidance should be sought from
the Union Ministry of Environment and efforts should be made
to find out models, which can help the state in planning the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- Big clash of 2016: Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' head on with Prabhas and SS Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' at the Box Office?