Talks with China in progress over border disputes: Pallam
New Delhi: With reports from Jammu and
Kashmir indicating Chinese hold over Indian territory in
Ladakh, Minister of State for Defence M M Pallam Raju on Monday
said India "need not be alarmed" as talks were in progress to
settle the border disputes.
He also gave the benefit of doubt to China on reports of
Chinese produced arms finding their way to militants in the
"As long as the border dispute is being worked on and
debated between the two countries, we need not be alarmed
about all these incidents, whether actual or reported," Raju
told reporters here.
He said in the bilateral relationship one of the issues
that needed to be sorted out was the difference in the
perception of the borders and that is being worked on.
Recently, at a meeting convened by the Jammu and Kashmir
government in Leh, where army officials were present, it was
agreed that China was encroaching into the land with a
"specific design" to grab a particular area to extend its
control till Indus river.
"As per all maps and evidences, the Dokbug pasture (in
Northeast of Leh) land undisputedly belongs to India and China
is moving with specific design to grab this area to extend its
control till Indus (river)," according to an official report.
However, Raju noted today that the most important aspect
of the bilateral relationship with China was the growing
trade. The minister also said in the recently concluded
Copenhagen Climate summit both India and China had worked
together for their rights.
"I think there are several areas we can work on and these
things (border disputes) will be resolved," he added.
Pointing out that China was a major arms producer and
exporter, Raju said there was a possibility of a third
organisation picking up Chinese arms and selling it to the
rebels in the Indian states.
"That does not mean we have to suspect the role of China
in this," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!