Task force to monitor terror cases against Muslims, MHA moved
New Delhi: Minority Affairs Minister K Rahman Khan`s demand for a special task force to monitor and review terror cases involving minorities has been referred to Home Ministry, the Rajya Sabha was informed on Monday.
Khan told the Upper House that the matter to set up a separate task force has been referred to Home Ministry Affairs.
"The matter has been discussed at an appropriate level and referred to MHA to set up a separate task force in the ministry to look into terror-related matters involving minorities. Ministry of Minority Affairs has no role in this regard," he said while replying to a question by an MP about the fate of the task force proposed by him in July.
Khan`s proposal to set up the special task force had invited criticism from BJP, which said it is an attempt to appease Muslims. However, the minister justified his demand, saying many Muslims have been languishing in jails, often on trumped up charges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Infiltration, terror attacks to figure prominently when Rajnath Singh travels to Pakistan next month
- Majithia defamation case: Arvind Kejriwal gets bail in defamation case in Punjab
- Know why PSU bank employees went on strike on Friday
- Pope Francis to pay `silent` visit to Auschwitz
- ‘Dishoom’ movie tweet review