Team Anna invites netas for Lokpal debate
New Delhi: Team Anna today invited leaders of
all parties to Jantar Mantar on December 11, when Anna Hazare
plans to sit on a day-long fast, to put their views on Lokpal
Bill, a deviation from its stand on previous occasions when it
did not allow politicians to share its platform.
"December 11th, Jantar Mantar debate with no adjournments
on Lokpal. Come, listen, ask questions and clarify doubts.
Political representatives are invited to speak," activist
Kiran Bedi tweeted.
A Team Anna spokesperson said formal invites are being
sent to parties.
Hazare will be sitting on a day-long protest demanding a
strong Lokpal Bill.
In the past, Hazare had said that he will not invite any
politicians to his fast. He had said they can come and sit
with protesters but cannot share dais or make speeches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok