Team Anna invites netas for Lokpal debate
New Delhi: Team Anna today invited leaders of
all parties to Jantar Mantar on December 11, when Anna Hazare
plans to sit on a day-long fast, to put their views on Lokpal
Bill, a deviation from its stand on previous occasions when it
did not allow politicians to share its platform.
"December 11th, Jantar Mantar debate with no adjournments
on Lokpal. Come, listen, ask questions and clarify doubts.
Political representatives are invited to speak," activist
Kiran Bedi tweeted.
A Team Anna spokesperson said formal invites are being
sent to parties.
Hazare will be sitting on a day-long protest demanding a
strong Lokpal Bill.
In the past, Hazare had said that he will not invite any
politicians to his fast. He had said they can come and sit
with protesters but cannot share dais or make speeches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy