Team Anna members to sit on indefinite fast from July 25
Patna: Team Anna members will sit on an indefinite fast at Jantar Mantar in New Delhi on July 25 to kickstart a decisive agitation on the Lokpal bill, its central core committee member Gopal Rai said on Wednesday.
Team Anna members like Arvind Kejriwal and Gopal Sisodia and others will launch an indefinite fast at Jantar Mantar in New Delhi on July 25 as part of the agitation to press for the bill, Rai told reporters.
Simultaneous fast will be held through out the country on that day, he said.
Rai appealed to all sections of the society to lend their their support to the Team Anna in its crusade against corruption by pressurising the centre to enact the Lokpal bill at the earliest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- IIT-Guwahati student develops a mobile app to monitor indoor air quality
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list