Team Anna smells govt conspiracy behind power failure
New Delhi: Even as North India was reeling under massive power failure, Team Anna smelled a conspiracy behind the failure of the northern grid. Sanjay Singh, a key Team Anna member alleged that the central government was behind the power crisis in the country.
"Government can cut the grid, cut the light, cut the metro services, bus, auto services but people will come out and join the Anna Hazare`s movement," Sanjay was quoted as saying.
Meanwhile, Anna Hazare’s fast-unto-death entered day two on Monday at Jantar Mantar to press for a strong Lokpal Bill. The Gandhian had joined his three close aides on fast yesterday inspite of many warning him about his health.
Arvind Kejriwal, Manish Sisodia and Gopal Rai went on an indefinite fast on July 25. Anna’s fast came after his four-day ultimatum to the government to concede to his demands on Lokpal Bill found no response.
"Till we get Jan Lokpal, the countrymen will not allow me to die", Hazare had said addressing his supporters yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing