Team Anna smells govt conspiracy behind power failure
New Delhi: Even as North India was reeling under massive power failure, Team Anna smelled a conspiracy behind the failure of the northern grid. Sanjay Singh, a key Team Anna member alleged that the central government was behind the power crisis in the country.
"Government can cut the grid, cut the light, cut the metro services, bus, auto services but people will come out and join the Anna Hazare`s movement," Sanjay was quoted as saying.
Meanwhile, Anna Hazare’s fast-unto-death entered day two on Monday at Jantar Mantar to press for a strong Lokpal Bill. The Gandhian had joined his three close aides on fast yesterday inspite of many warning him about his health.
Arvind Kejriwal, Manish Sisodia and Gopal Rai went on an indefinite fast on July 25. Anna’s fast came after his four-day ultimatum to the government to concede to his demands on Lokpal Bill found no response.
"Till we get Jan Lokpal, the countrymen will not allow me to die", Hazare had said addressing his supporters yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Camera Day: Celebrate the art of photography and go click-happy!