Tehelka case: Don`t politicise rape, says woman journalist
New Delhi: A former Tehelka woman journalist who has accused founder-editor Tarun Tejpal of rape on Friday urged political parties to refrain from politicizing the issue.
"I call upon our political parties to resist the temptation to turn a very important discussion about gender, power and violence into a conversation about themselves," she said in a statement here.
She said she was "deeply concerned" and "very disturbed" about suggestions that her complaint against Tejpal was a part of "a pre-election political conspiracy".
"I categorically refute such insinuations," she said in her statement posted on Kafila.org.
The woman journalist quit Tehelka after accusing Tejpal of sexually molesting her in a luxury hotel in Goa this month. Tejpal Friday left for Goa in response to police summons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love