Tehelka case: Manohar Parrikar rejects Tejpal`s charges
Panaji: Rejecting allegations of showing undue interest in and interfering with the probe, Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar on Wednesday said the state government has a duty to do justice to the girl in the case of alleged sexual assault by Tehelka Editor Tarun Tejpal.
"I am the administrator of the state. As Chief Minister of the state my job is to ensure justice to the girl...If what she says has legal support to ensure that justice is made out," he told a press conference here.
He denied there was any pressure from any quarters on the Goa police investigating the case of the alleged assault by Tejpal on a woman journalist of his office in an elevator in a Goa hotel during a Thinkfest organised by his magazine Tehelka earlier this month.
"The state government does not intend to monitor (the case) except asking the police department for a speedy disposal of the case. I have told the police not to take any pressure from any quarters," he said.
Replying to questions about Tejpal`s charge in his bail petition before the Delhi High Court that the BJP government was targeting him, Parrikar said he (Tejpal) did not realise that when he held the function nor when he "confessed" or when he went on "sanyas". "So suddenly he has realised it is the BJP government," he said.
The Chief Minister said the investigating officer takes the final decision as to who should be called or not for questioning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant