Tejinder Singh moves HC against Army Chief
New Delhi: Taking note of Lt General (retd) Tejinder Singh’s writ petition demanding action against Army Chief General VK Singh and four other Army officers, Delhi High Court on Friday posted the matter to April 27.
The High Court will on April 27 decide whether to accept the application.
The court also asked the government about a March 05 press release issued by Army headquarters, which levelled serious allegation against Tejinder Singh.
Tejinder Singh in his application to the court has demanded withdrawal of the press release.
Tejinder Singh has requested the court to summon and initiate proceedings against the Army Chief and others for making the libellous statement in media. He approached the court after the Army Chief named him as the person who offered him Rs 14 crore bribe in exchange for clearing a tranche of 600 sub-standard vehicles for the Army.
He has denied all allegations against him and said that neither any investigation was conducted nor any case registered against him in the case of Adarsh society, where he has been allotted a flat.
Alleging that the officers misused their official position, power and authority to level false charges against him, the retired Lt General in his complaint has also named SK Singh (vice-chief of Army staff), Lt Gen BS Thakur (DGMI), Major General SL Narsimhan (Additional Director General of Public Information) and Lt Col Hitten Sawhney (GSO-I Directorate General of Public Information).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?