Tejinder Singh moves HC against Army Chief
New Delhi: Taking note of Lt General (retd) Tejinder Singh’s writ petition demanding action against Army Chief General VK Singh and four other Army officers, Delhi High Court on Friday posted the matter to April 27.
The High Court will on April 27 decide whether to accept the application.
The court also asked the government about a March 05 press release issued by Army headquarters, which levelled serious allegation against Tejinder Singh.
Tejinder Singh in his application to the court has demanded withdrawal of the press release.
Tejinder Singh has requested the court to summon and initiate proceedings against the Army Chief and others for making the libellous statement in media. He approached the court after the Army Chief named him as the person who offered him Rs 14 crore bribe in exchange for clearing a tranche of 600 sub-standard vehicles for the Army.
He has denied all allegations against him and said that neither any investigation was conducted nor any case registered against him in the case of Adarsh society, where he has been allotted a flat.
Alleging that the officers misused their official position, power and authority to level false charges against him, the retired Lt General in his complaint has also named SK Singh (vice-chief of Army staff), Lt Gen BS Thakur (DGMI), Major General SL Narsimhan (Additional Director General of Public Information) and Lt Col Hitten Sawhney (GSO-I Directorate General of Public Information).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28