Tharoor should be sacked from the UPA ministry: Kalyan
Jaunpur (UP): Former Uttar Pradesh Chief
Minister and founder of newly-formed Jankranti Party Kalyan
Singh on Saturday demanded dismissal of Union Minister Shashi
Tharoor in the wake of IPL Kochi franchise ownership row.
The allegations levelled against the Minister of State
for External Affairs in connection with the controversy were
serious, he told reporters on his way to Varanasi.
"There were serious allegations against him (Tharoor).
He should be sacked from the UPA ministry," Singh said.
He also alleged there was widespread corruption in the
cricket administration and demanded a high-level probe into
The Opposition parties have been gunning for Tharoor`s
removal from the government ever since a controversy broke out
on the IPL Kochi franchise bid.
On the Women`s Reservation Bill, Singh demanded a
separate quota for backwards and SC\ST women.
Asking political parties not to issue whips on the
issue, he said MPs should vote according to their conscience.
Singh, the former BJP`s Hindutva face, asked Muslims to
cooperate in construction of a Ram Temple at Ayodhya.
He said they were also "descendants of Lord Rama".
On his new party, the former BJP leader said said it
would puruse development-oriented policies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'