Tharoor should be sacked from the UPA ministry: Kalyan
Jaunpur (UP): Former Uttar Pradesh Chief
Minister and founder of newly-formed Jankranti Party Kalyan
Singh on Saturday demanded dismissal of Union Minister Shashi
Tharoor in the wake of IPL Kochi franchise ownership row.
The allegations levelled against the Minister of State
for External Affairs in connection with the controversy were
serious, he told reporters on his way to Varanasi.
"There were serious allegations against him (Tharoor).
He should be sacked from the UPA ministry," Singh said.
He also alleged there was widespread corruption in the
cricket administration and demanded a high-level probe into
The Opposition parties have been gunning for Tharoor`s
removal from the government ever since a controversy broke out
on the IPL Kochi franchise bid.
On the Women`s Reservation Bill, Singh demanded a
separate quota for backwards and SC\ST women.
Asking political parties not to issue whips on the
issue, he said MPs should vote according to their conscience.
Singh, the former BJP`s Hindutva face, asked Muslims to
cooperate in construction of a Ram Temple at Ayodhya.
He said they were also "descendants of Lord Rama".
On his new party, the former BJP leader said said it
would puruse development-oriented policies.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India