Tharoor should be sacked from the UPA ministry: Kalyan
Jaunpur (UP): Former Uttar Pradesh Chief
Minister and founder of newly-formed Jankranti Party Kalyan
Singh on Saturday demanded dismissal of Union Minister Shashi
Tharoor in the wake of IPL Kochi franchise ownership row.
The allegations levelled against the Minister of State
for External Affairs in connection with the controversy were
serious, he told reporters on his way to Varanasi.
"There were serious allegations against him (Tharoor).
He should be sacked from the UPA ministry," Singh said.
He also alleged there was widespread corruption in the
cricket administration and demanded a high-level probe into
The Opposition parties have been gunning for Tharoor`s
removal from the government ever since a controversy broke out
on the IPL Kochi franchise bid.
On the Women`s Reservation Bill, Singh demanded a
separate quota for backwards and SC\ST women.
Asking political parties not to issue whips on the
issue, he said MPs should vote according to their conscience.
Singh, the former BJP`s Hindutva face, asked Muslims to
cooperate in construction of a Ram Temple at Ayodhya.
He said they were also "descendants of Lord Rama".
On his new party, the former BJP leader said said it
would puruse development-oriented policies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security