Tharoor wedding low key, only close relatives, friends invited
Palakkad: The wedding of former Union
Minister Shashi Tharoor with Sunanda Pushkar at a village near
here today was a low-key affair, with only about 100 close
relatives and friends attending the marriage.
The premises of his 200-year-old ancestral house at
Elavanchery did not looked far from a marriage venue of two
well known personalities.
54-year-old Tharoor, a former UN Under Secretary General
was clad in traditional Malayali attire of kurta and `mundu`,
48-year-old Sunanda, who hails from Kashmir, turned up in an
off-white `veshti-mundu set` like any Malayali bride would
have preferred on her wedding.
About 100 close relatives, including 20 from Pushkar`s
side, attended the marriage, with women outnumbering men.
There were about 50 mediapersons, mostly TV channels, who
were accommodated in a separate enclosure. Two channels
telecast the marriage ceremony live.
However nobody was sure whether the media was invited for
Nearly 25 police personnel stood guard outside the house
and marriage pandal, while nearly 10 to 15 percussion and
windpipe orchestra `nadaswaram` members played the instrument
at the auspicious time at the marriage this morning.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy