Tharoor wedding low key, only close relatives, friends invited
Palakkad: The wedding of former Union
Minister Shashi Tharoor with Sunanda Pushkar at a village near
here today was a low-key affair, with only about 100 close
relatives and friends attending the marriage.
The premises of his 200-year-old ancestral house at
Elavanchery did not looked far from a marriage venue of two
well known personalities.
54-year-old Tharoor, a former UN Under Secretary General
was clad in traditional Malayali attire of kurta and `mundu`,
48-year-old Sunanda, who hails from Kashmir, turned up in an
off-white `veshti-mundu set` like any Malayali bride would
have preferred on her wedding.
About 100 close relatives, including 20 from Pushkar`s
side, attended the marriage, with women outnumbering men.
There were about 50 mediapersons, mostly TV channels, who
were accommodated in a separate enclosure. Two channels
telecast the marriage ceremony live.
However nobody was sure whether the media was invited for
Nearly 25 police personnel stood guard outside the house
and marriage pandal, while nearly 10 to 15 percussion and
windpipe orchestra `nadaswaram` members played the instrument
at the auspicious time at the marriage this morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Rains keep mercury near normal in several parts of country
- CBSE 10th Result 2016, CBSE Class 10th Results 2016, CBSE Class X Results 2016 to be declared on May 28; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- UPA govt, LeT worked in tandem in Ishrat Jahan case: MoS Kiren Rijiju
- Dombivli factory blast: Death toll rises to 11, company management booked
- Kazakhstan accuses protesters of trying to oust government