This year over 500 killed in Naxal attack
New Delhi: Over 500 people have been killed
in various incidents of terrorist and Naxal violence in the
country this year, the Rajya Sabha was informed on Wednesday.
The largest causalities have been reported from
Naxal-hit states with 275 civilians and 93 security force
personnel killed till October this year, Minister of State for
Home Jitendra Singh said in a written reply.
The corresponding figures for terror and
insurgency-related incidents in north-east states was 61 and
32 respectively while in Jammu Kashmir the numbers were 28 and
30, during the same period.
"Incidents of bomb blasts which have been reported and
are under investigation, in which no pointer/fact suggesting
terrorist involvement is available are-- bomb blast in
Mehrauli in Delhi on March 29, 2010 and bomb blast at
Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bangalore on April 17, 2010," Singh
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demand ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!