This year over 500 killed in Naxal attack
New Delhi: Over 500 people have been killed
in various incidents of terrorist and Naxal violence in the
country this year, the Rajya Sabha was informed on Wednesday.
The largest causalities have been reported from
Naxal-hit states with 275 civilians and 93 security force
personnel killed till October this year, Minister of State for
Home Jitendra Singh said in a written reply.
The corresponding figures for terror and
insurgency-related incidents in north-east states was 61 and
32 respectively while in Jammu Kashmir the numbers were 28 and
30, during the same period.
"Incidents of bomb blasts which have been reported and
are under investigation, in which no pointer/fact suggesting
terrorist involvement is available are-- bomb blast in
Mehrauli in Delhi on March 29, 2010 and bomb blast at
Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bangalore on April 17, 2010," Singh
- Hot alert! Shruti Hassan looks incredibly sexy on the cover of GQ magazine – See pic
- Awwdorable! Salman Khan shares picture of mother Salma and baby Ahil
- Look what Ranveer Singh is doing for ‘Befikre’
- Premier League: Leicester City clinch historic title after Eden Hazard`s stunning late goal vs Tottenham Hotspur
- EPL: Jamie Vardy, Riyad Mahrez and other key players who played major roles in Leicester City`s title success