This year over 500 killed in Naxal attack
New Delhi: Over 500 people have been killed
in various incidents of terrorist and Naxal violence in the
country this year, the Rajya Sabha was informed on Wednesday.
The largest causalities have been reported from
Naxal-hit states with 275 civilians and 93 security force
personnel killed till October this year, Minister of State for
Home Jitendra Singh said in a written reply.
The corresponding figures for terror and
insurgency-related incidents in north-east states was 61 and
32 respectively while in Jammu Kashmir the numbers were 28 and
30, during the same period.
"Incidents of bomb blasts which have been reported and
are under investigation, in which no pointer/fact suggesting
terrorist involvement is available are-- bomb blast in
Mehrauli in Delhi on March 29, 2010 and bomb blast at
Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bangalore on April 17, 2010," Singh
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31