This year over 500 killed in Naxal attack
New Delhi: Over 500 people have been killed
in various incidents of terrorist and Naxal violence in the
country this year, the Rajya Sabha was informed on Wednesday.
The largest causalities have been reported from
Naxal-hit states with 275 civilians and 93 security force
personnel killed till October this year, Minister of State for
Home Jitendra Singh said in a written reply.
The corresponding figures for terror and
insurgency-related incidents in north-east states was 61 and
32 respectively while in Jammu Kashmir the numbers were 28 and
30, during the same period.
"Incidents of bomb blasts which have been reported and
are under investigation, in which no pointer/fact suggesting
terrorist involvement is available are-- bomb blast in
Mehrauli in Delhi on March 29, 2010 and bomb blast at
Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bangalore on April 17, 2010," Singh
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh