TKA Nair appointed advisor to PM
New Delhi: In a reshuffle in the PMO,
Principal Secretary to the Prime Minister TKA Nair has been
appointed as his advisor while senior bureaucrat Pulok
Chatterji will take Nair`s place.
Nair, a retired IAS of 1963 batch, will hold the
office of advisor with the rank and status of Minister of
State in the Prime Minister`s Office with effect from October
3 till further orders, an official statement said.
Chatterji, a 1974 batch IAS from Uttar Pradesh cadre,
who is presently Executive Director with the World Bank, will
take Nair`s place as Principal Secretary from October 3, it
"His appointment will be co-terminus with the term of
the Prime Minister or till further order whichever is
earlier," the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'