TMC to take appropriate decision at appropriate time
Kolkata: With the BJP on Thursday announcing support to P A Sangma pitting him against UPA Presidential candidate Pranab Mukherjee, the Trinamool Congress on Thursday said its chief Mamata Banerjee was keeping a close watch and the party would take an `appropriate decision at the appropriate time`.
"TMC has not taken any final decision as yet. Our party supremo Mamata Banerjee is keeping a close watch on the situation. She will take an appropriate decision at the appropriate time", party MP Kunal Ghosh told without giving a direct reply.
He was asked whether TMC would support Sangma in the Presidential race or abstain from voting since former President A P J Abdul Kalam, whom the TMC supremo wanted to contest, has already opted out.
Ghosh said that the Trinamool Congress parliamentary party and the legislature party has already authorised Mamata Banerjee to take a decision on the Presidential poll issue on behalf of the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you