TMC to take appropriate decision at appropriate time
Kolkata: With the BJP on Thursday announcing support to P A Sangma pitting him against UPA Presidential candidate Pranab Mukherjee, the Trinamool Congress on Thursday said its chief Mamata Banerjee was keeping a close watch and the party would take an `appropriate decision at the appropriate time`.
"TMC has not taken any final decision as yet. Our party supremo Mamata Banerjee is keeping a close watch on the situation. She will take an appropriate decision at the appropriate time", party MP Kunal Ghosh told without giving a direct reply.
He was asked whether TMC would support Sangma in the Presidential race or abstain from voting since former President A P J Abdul Kalam, whom the TMC supremo wanted to contest, has already opted out.
Ghosh said that the Trinamool Congress parliamentary party and the legislature party has already authorised Mamata Banerjee to take a decision on the Presidential poll issue on behalf of the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?