Trauma centres to come up along national highways: Azad
New Delhi: A large number of trauma centres will come up along national highways across the country during the 11th Plan period to take care of accident victims, Lok Sabha was informed on Wednesday.
Observing that accidents have increased on the new
highways being developed by the government, Health Minister
Ghulam Nabi Azad said Rs 732 crore has been earmarked in the
11th Plan for a new scheme to construct trauma care centres
along the highways.
Asked whether air ambulance system was also being
promoted, he said there was no such agency at the national
level and none in the public sector. Only one private operator
was at present providing four heli-ambulances after having
tied up with private hospitals like Apollo and Max.
On questions relating to improving infrastructure, drug
availability to ensure timely treatment for patients suffering
from fatal diseases, Azad said several measures were already
being implemented, including setting up of AIIMS like
institutions, upgrading of existing government colleges and
setting up new nursing and paramedical institutions.
Preventive measures to control fatal diseases were also
being implemented, like providing vaccines for various
diseases including Japanese encephalitis and Hepatitis B.
While a National Cancer Control Programme was being
modified to meet the gap between cancer care facilities and
trained manpower, Health Minister`s Cancer Fund has been set
up to provide financial assistance to BPL patients, Azad said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India