Trauma centres to come up along national highways: Azad
New Delhi: A large number of trauma centres will come up along national highways across the country during the 11th Plan period to take care of accident victims, Lok Sabha was informed on Wednesday.
Observing that accidents have increased on the new
highways being developed by the government, Health Minister
Ghulam Nabi Azad said Rs 732 crore has been earmarked in the
11th Plan for a new scheme to construct trauma care centres
along the highways.
Asked whether air ambulance system was also being
promoted, he said there was no such agency at the national
level and none in the public sector. Only one private operator
was at present providing four heli-ambulances after having
tied up with private hospitals like Apollo and Max.
On questions relating to improving infrastructure, drug
availability to ensure timely treatment for patients suffering
from fatal diseases, Azad said several measures were already
being implemented, including setting up of AIIMS like
institutions, upgrading of existing government colleges and
setting up new nursing and paramedical institutions.
Preventive measures to control fatal diseases were also
being implemented, like providing vaccines for various
diseases including Japanese encephalitis and Hepatitis B.
While a National Cancer Control Programme was being
modified to meet the gap between cancer care facilities and
trained manpower, Health Minister`s Cancer Fund has been set
up to provide financial assistance to BPL patients, Azad said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH