Trinamool Congress demands rollback in fare hike
Kolkata: with the Trinamool Congress demanding a rollback in the hike in rail passenger fare, party Chief Whip Sobhandeb Chattopadhay on Wednesday said that he was sure that there was a directive from the party not to increase it.
"Till yesterday I knew that the fares will not be hiked. May be Dinesh Trivedi thinks that what he has done as the railway minister is correct.
But I am sure there was a directive from the party not to increase the fare. The party has made him a minister. I think he should not have opposed the directive of the party," Chattopadhay said.
He said that in the last year`s budget presented by Mamata Banerjee as railway minister she had emphasized mobilisation of resources by commercially developing
unutilised railway land through the PPP model. "She never wanted to put the burden on the common people," Chattopadhay said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- LIVE: After surgical strikes by Indian Army, Nawaz Sharif says Pakistan wants peace
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’