Trinamool demands immediate resignation of UPA govt
Kolkata: The Trinamool Congress on Friday demanded immediate resignation of the UPA government, following DMK`s withdrawal of support.
"Manmohan Singh-government has turned into a minority. They can remain in power by utilising the number game in Parliament. But, it first became a minority government when the Trinamool Congress withdrew support last year, and now by the DMK," TMC all-India general secretary Mukul Roy told a press conference here.
"This government has no moral right to continue in office for a single moment," he said adding that Trinamool Congress had withdrawn support from the UPA government on "specific issues like FDI in retail trade, decontrol of diesel price, cap on LPG cylinders and hike in fertiliser prices."
"We want this government to resign immediately," the TMC general secretary added.
TMC, which was the second largest constituent of UPA after the Congress and has 19 Lok Sabha members, had withdrawn support from the UPA government in September last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka