Trinamool demands immediate resignation of UPA govt
Kolkata: The Trinamool Congress on Friday demanded immediate resignation of the UPA government, following DMK`s withdrawal of support.
"Manmohan Singh-government has turned into a minority. They can remain in power by utilising the number game in Parliament. But, it first became a minority government when the Trinamool Congress withdrew support last year, and now by the DMK," TMC all-India general secretary Mukul Roy told a press conference here.
"This government has no moral right to continue in office for a single moment," he said adding that Trinamool Congress had withdrawn support from the UPA government on "specific issues like FDI in retail trade, decontrol of diesel price, cap on LPG cylinders and hike in fertiliser prices."
"We want this government to resign immediately," the TMC general secretary added.
TMC, which was the second largest constituent of UPA after the Congress and has 19 Lok Sabha members, had withdrawn support from the UPA government in September last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...