Trinamool demands immediate resignation of UPA govt
Kolkata: The Trinamool Congress on Friday demanded immediate resignation of the UPA government, following DMK`s withdrawal of support.
"Manmohan Singh-government has turned into a minority. They can remain in power by utilising the number game in Parliament. But, it first became a minority government when the Trinamool Congress withdrew support last year, and now by the DMK," TMC all-India general secretary Mukul Roy told a press conference here.
"This government has no moral right to continue in office for a single moment," he said adding that Trinamool Congress had withdrawn support from the UPA government on "specific issues like FDI in retail trade, decontrol of diesel price, cap on LPG cylinders and hike in fertiliser prices."
"We want this government to resign immediately," the TMC general secretary added.
TMC, which was the second largest constituent of UPA after the Congress and has 19 Lok Sabha members, had withdrawn support from the UPA government in September last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Live: Jayalalithaa dies at 68 after suffering cardiac arrest; mortal remains brought to her official residence
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what