Trinamool demands immediate resignation of UPA govt
Kolkata: The Trinamool Congress on Friday demanded immediate resignation of the UPA government, following DMK`s withdrawal of support.
"Manmohan Singh-government has turned into a minority. They can remain in power by utilising the number game in Parliament. But, it first became a minority government when the Trinamool Congress withdrew support last year, and now by the DMK," TMC all-India general secretary Mukul Roy told a press conference here.
"This government has no moral right to continue in office for a single moment," he said adding that Trinamool Congress had withdrawn support from the UPA government on "specific issues like FDI in retail trade, decontrol of diesel price, cap on LPG cylinders and hike in fertiliser prices."
"We want this government to resign immediately," the TMC general secretary added.
TMC, which was the second largest constituent of UPA after the Congress and has 19 Lok Sabha members, had withdrawn support from the UPA government in September last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi