Trivedi has resigned, but PM yet to decide: Pranab
New Delhi: Responding to demands by the Opposition that the government make its position on the fate of Rail Minister Dinesh Trivedi clear, Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee said on Monday that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has received Trivedi’s resignation but he is yet to take a decision on the same.
Dismissing allegations that he had misinformed the Parliament, last week, on the status of Trivedi, Pranab said, “My response on Friday was not correct. Till that we had received only one response (Mamata’s letter seeking sacking of Trivedi). We did not receive any resignation form Rail Minister.
“PM has received, last night, the resignation from Trivedi. As per constitutional practice it will be forwarded to the President,” he said.
“…as soon as the PM takes a decision, the house will be informed,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Olympics 2016: IOC faces historic call on Russia Rio ban
- Kashmir unrest over Burhan Wani's killing: Curfew lifted from these four districts - FULL DETAILS
- Salman Khan plans a special birthday party for alleged girlfriend Iulia Vantur? - Know more
- Major water crisis in Chandigarh, Mohali and Panchkula - Know reason behind it
- Two Mexican kidnappers sentenced to 520 years in prison