Trivedi has resigned, but PM yet to decide: Pranab
New Delhi: Responding to demands by the Opposition that the government make its position on the fate of Rail Minister Dinesh Trivedi clear, Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee said on Monday that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has received Trivedi’s resignation but he is yet to take a decision on the same.
Dismissing allegations that he had misinformed the Parliament, last week, on the status of Trivedi, Pranab said, “My response on Friday was not correct. Till that we had received only one response (Mamata’s letter seeking sacking of Trivedi). We did not receive any resignation form Rail Minister.
“PM has received, last night, the resignation from Trivedi. As per constitutional practice it will be forwarded to the President,” he said.
“…as soon as the PM takes a decision, the house will be informed,” he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living