Trivedi has resigned, but PM yet to decide: Pranab
New Delhi: Responding to demands by the Opposition that the government make its position on the fate of Rail Minister Dinesh Trivedi clear, Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee said on Monday that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has received Trivedi’s resignation but he is yet to take a decision on the same.
Dismissing allegations that he had misinformed the Parliament, last week, on the status of Trivedi, Pranab said, “My response on Friday was not correct. Till that we had received only one response (Mamata’s letter seeking sacking of Trivedi). We did not receive any resignation form Rail Minister.
“PM has received, last night, the resignation from Trivedi. As per constitutional practice it will be forwarded to the President,” he said.
“…as soon as the PM takes a decision, the house will be informed,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy?
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy? - Part II
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Donald Trump says US could pull out of World Trade Organization
- Premier Futsal: Mumbai 5's crowned champions of inaugural edition
- 'Munich gunman planned shooting for a year, chose victims randomly'
- Unlikely sporting star Chris Froome wins third Tour de France, seals place amongst greats
- One dead, two injured in Germany machete attack: Police