Trivedi has resigned, but PM yet to decide: Pranab
New Delhi: Responding to demands by the Opposition that the government make its position on the fate of Rail Minister Dinesh Trivedi clear, Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee said on Monday that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has received Trivedi’s resignation but he is yet to take a decision on the same.
Dismissing allegations that he had misinformed the Parliament, last week, on the status of Trivedi, Pranab said, “My response on Friday was not correct. Till that we had received only one response (Mamata’s letter seeking sacking of Trivedi). We did not receive any resignation form Rail Minister.
“PM has received, last night, the resignation from Trivedi. As per constitutional practice it will be forwarded to the President,” he said.
“…as soon as the PM takes a decision, the house will be informed,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa