Trivedi has resigned, but PM yet to decide: Pranab
New Delhi: Responding to demands by the Opposition that the government make its position on the fate of Rail Minister Dinesh Trivedi clear, Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee said on Monday that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has received Trivedi’s resignation but he is yet to take a decision on the same.
Dismissing allegations that he had misinformed the Parliament, last week, on the status of Trivedi, Pranab said, “My response on Friday was not correct. Till that we had received only one response (Mamata’s letter seeking sacking of Trivedi). We did not receive any resignation form Rail Minister.
“PM has received, last night, the resignation from Trivedi. As per constitutional practice it will be forwarded to the President,” he said.
“…as soon as the PM takes a decision, the house will be informed,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport