TRS members disrupt Lok Sabha proceedings
New Delhi: TRS members on Monday disrupted the proceedings of the Lok Sabha opposing grant of certain special powers related to law and order in Hyderabad with the Governor, forcing the Speaker to adjourn the House for 10 minutes during Question Hour.
As soon as the House assembled for the day, members from the TRS raised the issue and demanded discussion on it by adjourning the Question Hour.
Speaker Sumitra Mahajan disallowed an Adjournment Motion, but assured the agitating members that they will be allowed to raise the issue during Zero Hour.
Asaduddin Owaisi (AIMIM) also joined the protest claiming that the provisions of the Constitution have been compromised.
Raising slogans, some TRS members rushed to the Well opposing the Centre`s decision.
Some members from Andhra Pradesh said TRS had supported certain powers to the Governor when the Telangana Bill was being debated in Parliament.
Amid protests, the Speaker adjourned the House for 10 minutes after taking up two questions.
The Centre had recently informed the Telangana government that the Governor will have the final say in all matters of law and order, including transfer of top police officers in greater Hyderabad area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan