TRS members disrupt Lok Sabha proceedings
New Delhi: TRS members on Monday disrupted the proceedings of the Lok Sabha opposing grant of certain special powers related to law and order in Hyderabad with the Governor, forcing the Speaker to adjourn the House for 10 minutes during Question Hour.
As soon as the House assembled for the day, members from the TRS raised the issue and demanded discussion on it by adjourning the Question Hour.
Speaker Sumitra Mahajan disallowed an Adjournment Motion, but assured the agitating members that they will be allowed to raise the issue during Zero Hour.
Asaduddin Owaisi (AIMIM) also joined the protest claiming that the provisions of the Constitution have been compromised.
Raising slogans, some TRS members rushed to the Well opposing the Centre`s decision.
Some members from Andhra Pradesh said TRS had supported certain powers to the Governor when the Telangana Bill was being debated in Parliament.
Amid protests, the Speaker adjourned the House for 10 minutes after taking up two questions.
The Centre had recently informed the Telangana government that the Governor will have the final say in all matters of law and order, including transfer of top police officers in greater Hyderabad area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Nautanki, full drama CM': Arvind Kejriwal tweets praising a movie; Twitter explodes with hilarious reactions
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump calls Hillary Clinton 'world-class liar' as war of words intensifies
- United Nations criticizes repression in Bahrain, urges dialogue
- North Korea leader Kim Jong-Un says missile test a success, threat to US
- Brexit: UK goes to polls in knife-edge EU referendum; over 46 million people to decide Britain's fate