Two corruption cases against Yeddy adjourned
Bangalore: The Lokayukta Court here on friday
adjourned to November 21 hearing on two cases against former
Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa in connection with alleged
denotification of government lands for pecuniary gain.
Lokayukta Judge N K Sudhindra Rao adjourned the hearing in
the cases registered on the fourth and fifth private
complaints filed by city-based advocate Sirajin Basha when
assistant counsel for Basha sought ten days time citing
unavailability of senior counsel C H Hanumantharaya.
Earlier, the assistant counsel filed an application
seeking exemption from personal appearance for Basha.
On October 28, the court had granted time till today for
Basha to put forth his arguements in the fourth complaint and
make his sworn statement in the fifth.
It had already recorded the statement of Basha in the
fourth complaint filed by him against Yeddyurappa charging him
with illegal denotification of government land and illegal
allotment of "G" category sites belonging to the Bangalore
In all, Basha has filed five complaints comprising 15 cases
against Yeddyurappa and others including his family members.
The former chief minister was arrested on October 15 in the
cases pertaining to the first two complaints, but was released
last week after the Karnataka High Court granted him bail.
His anticipatory bail petitions apprehending arrest in the
cases based on the fourth and fifth complaint is pending
before the high court.
The fourth complaint in which Yeddyurappa and eight
others including his two sons and son-in-law are the accused,
pertains to illegal denotification of over 20 acres of land in
Hebbal Amanikere village on the city outskirts and Srirampura
It also accussed him of irregularities in alloting "G"
category sites (given to prominent persons whose contribution
to the state is significant) to his son B Y Raghavendra, MP
and Bharathi Shetty, a sitting MLC.
In the fifth and last complaint, Yeddyurappa, his
son-in-law Sohan Kumar and firms run by his family members
have been cited as accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured