Two corruption cases against Yeddy adjourned
Bangalore: The Lokayukta Court here on friday
adjourned to November 21 hearing on two cases against former
Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa in connection with alleged
denotification of government lands for pecuniary gain.
Lokayukta Judge N K Sudhindra Rao adjourned the hearing in
the cases registered on the fourth and fifth private
complaints filed by city-based advocate Sirajin Basha when
assistant counsel for Basha sought ten days time citing
unavailability of senior counsel C H Hanumantharaya.
Earlier, the assistant counsel filed an application
seeking exemption from personal appearance for Basha.
On October 28, the court had granted time till today for
Basha to put forth his arguements in the fourth complaint and
make his sworn statement in the fifth.
It had already recorded the statement of Basha in the
fourth complaint filed by him against Yeddyurappa charging him
with illegal denotification of government land and illegal
allotment of "G" category sites belonging to the Bangalore
In all, Basha has filed five complaints comprising 15 cases
against Yeddyurappa and others including his family members.
The former chief minister was arrested on October 15 in the
cases pertaining to the first two complaints, but was released
last week after the Karnataka High Court granted him bail.
His anticipatory bail petitions apprehending arrest in the
cases based on the fourth and fifth complaint is pending
before the high court.
The fourth complaint in which Yeddyurappa and eight
others including his two sons and son-in-law are the accused,
pertains to illegal denotification of over 20 acres of land in
Hebbal Amanikere village on the city outskirts and Srirampura
It also accussed him of irregularities in alloting "G"
category sites (given to prominent persons whose contribution
to the state is significant) to his son B Y Raghavendra, MP
and Bharathi Shetty, a sitting MLC.
In the fifth and last complaint, Yeddyurappa, his
son-in-law Sohan Kumar and firms run by his family members
have been cited as accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah