Two corruption cases against Yeddy adjourned
Bangalore: The Lokayukta Court here on friday
adjourned to November 21 hearing on two cases against former
Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa in connection with alleged
denotification of government lands for pecuniary gain.
Lokayukta Judge N K Sudhindra Rao adjourned the hearing in
the cases registered on the fourth and fifth private
complaints filed by city-based advocate Sirajin Basha when
assistant counsel for Basha sought ten days time citing
unavailability of senior counsel C H Hanumantharaya.
Earlier, the assistant counsel filed an application
seeking exemption from personal appearance for Basha.
On October 28, the court had granted time till today for
Basha to put forth his arguements in the fourth complaint and
make his sworn statement in the fifth.
It had already recorded the statement of Basha in the
fourth complaint filed by him against Yeddyurappa charging him
with illegal denotification of government land and illegal
allotment of "G" category sites belonging to the Bangalore
In all, Basha has filed five complaints comprising 15 cases
against Yeddyurappa and others including his family members.
The former chief minister was arrested on October 15 in the
cases pertaining to the first two complaints, but was released
last week after the Karnataka High Court granted him bail.
His anticipatory bail petitions apprehending arrest in the
cases based on the fourth and fifth complaint is pending
before the high court.
The fourth complaint in which Yeddyurappa and eight
others including his two sons and son-in-law are the accused,
pertains to illegal denotification of over 20 acres of land in
Hebbal Amanikere village on the city outskirts and Srirampura
It also accussed him of irregularities in alloting "G"
category sites (given to prominent persons whose contribution
to the state is significant) to his son B Y Raghavendra, MP
and Bharathi Shetty, a sitting MLC.
In the fifth and last complaint, Yeddyurappa, his
son-in-law Sohan Kumar and firms run by his family members
have been cited as accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city