Two Indians buried alive in sand collapse accident in UAE
Dubai: Two Indian workers were buried alive in the trench of a sewage system project in a sand collapse accident in Abu Dhabi, police said.
Ram Kumar, 35, and Selvaraj, 28, were buried alive in the Al Zaafaraniya area of Al Ain Tuesday evening.
Brigadier General Hamad Ajlan Al Amimi, director of Al Ain Police Directorate, explained that Al Ain Police Operations Room received notification, from one of the workers on site, about a sand collapse accident in the sewage project at Al Za`faran street.
The Al Maqam Police station, the Civil Defense teams, the Emergency and Public Safety Department and the Security Inspection Department were immediately dispatched to the scene, where they recovered the two dead bodies, the police said in a statement.
Amimi also confirmed that investigations were underway to determine the circumstances of the accident.
Lt Colonel Mohammad Ibrahim Al Ameri, Head of Emergency and Public safety Section of Abu Dhabi Police, urged construction companies to take the necessary security and safety measures in order to prevent accidents on sites.
He also added that such accidents are considered as the most dangerous on construction sites that workers may face.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir