Two Indians buried alive in sand collapse accident in UAE
Dubai: Two Indian workers were buried alive in the trench of a sewage system project in a sand collapse accident in Abu Dhabi, police said.
Ram Kumar, 35, and Selvaraj, 28, were buried alive in the Al Zaafaraniya area of Al Ain Tuesday evening.
Brigadier General Hamad Ajlan Al Amimi, director of Al Ain Police Directorate, explained that Al Ain Police Operations Room received notification, from one of the workers on site, about a sand collapse accident in the sewage project at Al Za`faran street.
The Al Maqam Police station, the Civil Defense teams, the Emergency and Public Safety Department and the Security Inspection Department were immediately dispatched to the scene, where they recovered the two dead bodies, the police said in a statement.
Amimi also confirmed that investigations were underway to determine the circumstances of the accident.
Lt Colonel Mohammad Ibrahim Al Ameri, Head of Emergency and Public safety Section of Abu Dhabi Police, urged construction companies to take the necessary security and safety measures in order to prevent accidents on sites.
He also added that such accidents are considered as the most dangerous on construction sites that workers may face.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi to flag-off Mizoram’s first broad-gauge passenger train from Bairabi to Silchar today
- Bodos, ex-militants hail Modi govt for giving ST status to Bodo-Kacharis in Assam's hill districts
- South Korean navy fires warning shots after North incursion
- Trump lays claim to Republican presidential nomination
- Rights activist Trupti Desai alleges attack by goons in Nashik, hospitalised