Two senior Navy officers to face court martial
New Delhi: Two senior officers of Navy`s
skydiving team will face court martial after the Board of
Inquiry accused them of irregularities in management of
"Commander N Rajesh Kumar and Lt Cdr Mahesh Birajdar
were found guilty of the charges levelled against them in the
BoI and disciplinary action was recommended against them. Their
Summary of Evidence (SoE) has also been completed and their
court martial proceedings will begin soon," Navy sources said here.
The inquiry against the two senior-most members of the
Navy`s skydiving team had probed several cases of monetary
bungling by the two officers which were allegedly carried out
by the duo on the pretext of taking part in adventure sports
However, the officers have challenged the disciplinary
action against them in the Armed Forces Tribunal, saying they
were not even given opportunity to defend themselves in the
"We have appealed in the Tribunal against the
disciplinary action against Rajesh and Birajdar as navy
authorities have violated the Navy Rule 205 which makes it
mandatory for the Navy to record statements of the witnesses
in presence of officers or men whose military reputation is
being questioned," Commodore Sukhjinder Singh, counsel of the
two officials said here.
He said the authorities had not even provided the
convening order of the BoI to the two officers, who have been
attached with the Navy headquarters here for the last two
years without work.
The two officers have written to the Navy Chief’s
office also to get the copies of the BoI against them but they
have not been provided these documents so far.
"Even the SoE documents have not been provided to
them," Singh said.
In the petition filed by Rajesh Kumar, it has been
alleged that one Lt Cdr SK Karthikeyan, on whose complaint
the BoI was initiated, has conspired against them as he was
reprimanded by him for his "immoral activities" abroad where a
foreigner lady was allegedly molested by two Navy sailors.
They have contended that the Navy authorities have
started the probe against them on Karthikeyan`s complaint
without taking into account the fact that he himself had
"defrauded the state" of lakhs of rupees in producing and
signing fake monetary claims for foreign tours on behalf of
the entire contingent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video