UK students booked for disrespecting Indian flag
Alappuzha: Police registered a case against nine British students for allegedly showing
`disrespect` towards the Indian flag during the Nehru Trophy Boat race here on Saturday.
The students, studying in a medical education institution in Kerala, allegedly draped the national tricolour around the lower part of their body while cruising on a house-boat at
the Punnamada Lake where the boat race was taking place, police said.
President Pratibha Patil was the chief guest at the event.
When they disembarked from the boat, the police gathered their personal details and a case was registered, police sources said.
They were let off after registering the case at the North Police station here, police sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef