UK students booked for disrespecting Indian flag
Alappuzha: Police registered a case against nine British students for allegedly showing
`disrespect` towards the Indian flag during the Nehru Trophy Boat race here on Saturday.
The students, studying in a medical education institution in Kerala, allegedly draped the national tricolour around the lower part of their body while cruising on a house-boat at
the Punnamada Lake where the boat race was taking place, police said.
President Pratibha Patil was the chief guest at the event.
When they disembarked from the boat, the police gathered their personal details and a case was registered, police sources said.
They were let off after registering the case at the North Police station here, police sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections