UK students booked for disrespecting Indian flag
Alappuzha: Police registered a case against nine British students for allegedly showing
`disrespect` towards the Indian flag during the Nehru Trophy Boat race here on Saturday.
The students, studying in a medical education institution in Kerala, allegedly draped the national tricolour around the lower part of their body while cruising on a house-boat at
the Punnamada Lake where the boat race was taking place, police said.
President Pratibha Patil was the chief guest at the event.
When they disembarked from the boat, the police gathered their personal details and a case was registered, police sources said.
They were let off after registering the case at the North Police station here, police sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Shocking! Huge fire engulfs two coaches of Jaisalmer-Delhi Intercity Express
- Huma Qureshi-Vidyut Jammwal's Gold Glare Selfie! See pic
- Arvind Kejriwal wishes his once arch political rival Kiran Bedi on her elevation as Puducherry Guv
- I see an outset of a footballing atmosphere in India: Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Two lions killed as man jumps into enclosure in attempt to commit suicide - Watch video