UK students booked for disrespecting Indian flag
Alappuzha: Police registered a case against nine British students for allegedly showing
`disrespect` towards the Indian flag during the Nehru Trophy Boat race here on Saturday.
The students, studying in a medical education institution in Kerala, allegedly draped the national tricolour around the lower part of their body while cruising on a house-boat at
the Punnamada Lake where the boat race was taking place, police said.
President Pratibha Patil was the chief guest at the event.
When they disembarked from the boat, the police gathered their personal details and a case was registered, police sources said.
They were let off after registering the case at the North Police station here, police sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- Jio test uses commercial airwaves, but no revenue to govt: COAI
- South Africa vs New Zealand, 1st Test, Day 4: Play abandoned again in Durban
- RBL Bank's IPO oversubscribed 3 times on Day 2
- GST promises to boost GDP growth rates by up to 2%: President
- Vodafone to start e-KYC from Aug 24 for instant SIM activation