UK students booked for disrespecting Indian flag
Alappuzha: Police registered a case against nine British students for allegedly showing
`disrespect` towards the Indian flag during the Nehru Trophy Boat race here on Saturday.
The students, studying in a medical education institution in Kerala, allegedly draped the national tricolour around the lower part of their body while cruising on a house-boat at
the Punnamada Lake where the boat race was taking place, police said.
President Pratibha Patil was the chief guest at the event.
When they disembarked from the boat, the police gathered their personal details and a case was registered, police sources said.
They were let off after registering the case at the North Police station here, police sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation