UPA dead, economy on red alert: Mamata Banerjee
Kolkata: "Economy on red alert. UPA is dead", West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said in her Facebook posting expressing concern over the economic situation in the country and criticised the Centre for a fresh hike in price of petrol and diesel.
"Yet again hike in petrol and diesel prices. Economy on Red (Alert). People are unfed. UPA is dead," Banerjee wrote on Facebook.
Petrol price was hiked by a steep Rs 2.35 per litre, the sixth increase in three months, and diesel by 50 paise per litre from Saturday night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him