UPA dead, economy on red alert: Mamata Banerjee
Kolkata: "Economy on red alert. UPA is dead", West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said in her Facebook posting expressing concern over the economic situation in the country and criticised the Centre for a fresh hike in price of petrol and diesel.
"Yet again hike in petrol and diesel prices. Economy on Red (Alert). People are unfed. UPA is dead," Banerjee wrote on Facebook.
Petrol price was hiked by a steep Rs 2.35 per litre, the sixth increase in three months, and diesel by 50 paise per litre from Saturday night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you