UPA dead, economy on red alert: Mamata Banerjee
Kolkata: "Economy on red alert. UPA is dead", West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said in her Facebook posting expressing concern over the economic situation in the country and criticised the Centre for a fresh hike in price of petrol and diesel.
"Yet again hike in petrol and diesel prices. Economy on Red (Alert). People are unfed. UPA is dead," Banerjee wrote on Facebook.
Petrol price was hiked by a steep Rs 2.35 per litre, the sixth increase in three months, and diesel by 50 paise per litre from Saturday night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak