UPA dead, economy on red alert: Mamata Banerjee
Kolkata: "Economy on red alert. UPA is dead", West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said in her Facebook posting expressing concern over the economic situation in the country and criticised the Centre for a fresh hike in price of petrol and diesel.
"Yet again hike in petrol and diesel prices. Economy on Red (Alert). People are unfed. UPA is dead," Banerjee wrote on Facebook.
Petrol price was hiked by a steep Rs 2.35 per litre, the sixth increase in three months, and diesel by 50 paise per litre from Saturday night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach