UPA dead, economy on red alert: Mamata Banerjee
Kolkata: "Economy on red alert. UPA is dead", West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said in her Facebook posting expressing concern over the economic situation in the country and criticised the Centre for a fresh hike in price of petrol and diesel.
"Yet again hike in petrol and diesel prices. Economy on Red (Alert). People are unfed. UPA is dead," Banerjee wrote on Facebook.
Petrol price was hiked by a steep Rs 2.35 per litre, the sixth increase in three months, and diesel by 50 paise per litre from Saturday night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fawad Khan to romance Deepika Padukone in Ranveer Singh starrer 'Padmavati'?
- Solar Impulse 2 begins its final flight of world tour, heads to Abu dhabi
- 21 patients die on single day in Hyderabad govt hospital, staff blame power outage
- New Zealand's Queenstown Airport evacuated after 'bomb message' found on plane
- SHOCKING! Star wrestler Narsingh Yadav fails dope test, Rio participation doubtful