UPA government will survive: Nitish Kumar on DMK pullout
New Delhi: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar dismissed the threat to the government at Centre saying that inspite of the DMK pulling out, the UPA will survive.
Speaking to reporters he said, “The matter will be resolved. The Congress has no choice but to accept the demands of the DMK.” “Basically this has to do with the internal politics of Tamil Nadu, he added.
Giving a jolt to the Congress, the DMK pulled out of the UPA government at Centre on Tuesday, for allowing `watering down` of the US resolution against Sri Lanka at the UNHRC and not considering its suggestions on the matter.
Adressing a press conference in Chennai, DMK chief Karunanidhi said, "When a situation has been created that will not benefit Ealam Tamils, it will be a big harm to the Tamil race for DMK to continue in government. Therefore it has been decided that DMK will withdraw from the cabinet and the coalition."
"Inspite of repeated requests from us, the Centre failed to meet our demands. So DMK ministers will quit the government either today or tomorrow," he added. There is one Cabinet minister and four junior ministers of DMK at Centre.
On giving outside support to the UPA he said, "Do not see any point in giving outside support to the UPA
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations
- Assam BJP leader's son kidnapped, ULFA releases ISIS-style video
- Amazon working on music subscription service for $5 a month
- Outstanding! Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' is unstoppable at the Box Office – Read more