UPA hides behind veil of secularism when in trouble: Narendra Modi
Zee Media Bureau
Pune: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) poll panel chief Narendra Modi on Sunday launched a scathing attack on the UPA government and the Congress, claiming that they had taken the people of the country for granted. Addressing party workers in Pune, the Gujarat Chief Minister said that the dynasty politics of the country had ruined the dreams and aspirations of the common man.
Reiterating his slogan of a `Congress-free India`, Modi said that the root cause of the problems was the vote bank politics being played by the Centre.
"They feel that they should keep winning elections, indulge in vote bank politics, collect votes and run the country as per their whims and fancies," said BJP poll panel chief.
Hitting out at Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, the BJP leader pointed that rupee, which was equivalent to dollar at the time of independence, is falling continuously despite the government being headed by a master economist. He said he failed to understand such economics.
Taking a dig at the government over the issue, Modi said that the value of rupee against dollar would "soon reach the age of the Finance Minister".
Pointing that the strength of currencies of smaller countries like Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Maldives were not falling, the BJP poll panel chief said, "Till we don`t create a Congress-free India, this country will not be free of problems."
He further targeted the political experts and media, saying why they did not question the Congress about its unfulfilled promise of removing poverty, made 35 years ago.
Terming it as cheating with the people of the country, Modi said that Congress had lost all "shame" and had "indirectly accepted that they could not eradicate poverty".
Without taking the name of Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi, the BJP leader attacked him, saying he goes to the homes of poor, shares food with them to show the "legacy" of his elders, suggesting they have not been able to eradicate poverty.
He said that the government was not giving food to the people, instead it was bringing just laws for them. Attacking the Centre over the Food Security bill, the Gujarat Chief Minister said, "Instead of bringing a good food security bill, they hurried with an ordinance."
According to Modi, the Congress hurried with the ordinance as it did not trust its own partners, and neither did it want to share the credit of the Food Security bill with them. "The country doesn`t want more acts, it now wants action," added Modi.
Referring to the beheading of Indian soldiers by the Pakistani forces, Modi said that the government was so weak that it could not even stand face-to-face with its neighbour.
He further alleged that the UPA was misusing government agencies, and claimed that whenever there was a problem, the Centre wore the mask of secularism.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark