UPA reduced to a minority, may fall any time: BJP
Ahmedabad: Demanding the resignation of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh over the issue of corruption, BJP on Saturday said the Congress-led UPA government has been reduced to a minority and could fall any time soon.
"The way Dravidra Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) has withdrawn its support...The Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (JVM) (Prajatantrik) has taken back its support..The government has been reduced to a minority and could fall anytime," BJP general secretary Rajiv Pratap Rudy told reporters on the sidelines of a protest rally against coal scam here.
"BJP demands that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh should resign as he has lost confidence...The government is deep into corruption," he said.
DMK, an allied partner, had pulled out of the UPA by withdrawing six of its ministers, while JVM with its two MPs, was supporting the government from outside, also withdrew its support.
Ruling out the possibility of the Third Front, Rudy said, "Till the time the Left wing enjoyed power and presence in West Bengal, Tripura and Kerala...There number was considerable...The possibility of Third Front government had existed. But, as their numbers have gone down and virtually turned zero...There is no possibility now."
He alleged that the Centre was silent on "sensitive national issues" like infiltration of Bangladeshis, threat from Pakistan and Chinese incursion.
Attacking the PM on incursion in Ladakh by Chinese troops, Rudy said, "On the China issue, our PM says it is a local issue...Is the Government of India waiting for the day when Chinese troops would enter 30 kms into India and set up permanent structures with steel rods and cements...BJP wants to know about it."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!