Uproar in LS as Sena MP says saffron flag to be hoisted atop Red Fort
New Delhi: Lok Sabha witnessed ruckus on Tuesday after a Shiv Sena member remarked that saffron flag would be hoisted atop the Red Fort leading to a brief adjournment.
Opposition members protested when Prataprao Ganpatrao Jadhav (SS) said they would unfurl saffron flag on the Red Fort in Delhi.
Jadhav was speaking on the Motion of Thanks on the President`s address to Parliament.
Opposing the remark, members from Congress, Trinamool Congress and Left parties urged the Speaker to remove it from the records.
Arjun Charan Sethi, who was in the Chair, assured the agitating members that he would examine the record and remove if there was anything objectionable.
However, the assurance failed to pacify the agitating members leading to adjournment of the House for a brief time.
Amid the ruckus, Leader of the Congress in the Lok Sabha Mallikarjun Kharge said it was not right to mention that saffron flag would be hoisted on the Red Fort and not the tricolour.
Members from Trinamool Congress, RJD and Congress trooped into the Well shouting slogans demanding that the remark be removed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Assam CM Sarbananda Sonowal along with a likely 10-member cabinet to take oath today
- Know how long Sonu Nigam sang on the streets for the ‘beggar’ video
- Know what Irrfan Khan has to say about Marathi blockbuster ‘Sairat’
- Louis van Gaal axed by Manchester United as Jose Mourinho waits in wings
- President Pranab Mukherjee sets off on 4-day visit to China today