Uproar in LS as Sena MP says saffron flag to be hoisted atop Red Fort
New Delhi: Lok Sabha witnessed ruckus on Tuesday after a Shiv Sena member remarked that saffron flag would be hoisted atop the Red Fort leading to a brief adjournment.
Opposition members protested when Prataprao Ganpatrao Jadhav (SS) said they would unfurl saffron flag on the Red Fort in Delhi.
Jadhav was speaking on the Motion of Thanks on the President`s address to Parliament.
Opposing the remark, members from Congress, Trinamool Congress and Left parties urged the Speaker to remove it from the records.
Arjun Charan Sethi, who was in the Chair, assured the agitating members that he would examine the record and remove if there was anything objectionable.
However, the assurance failed to pacify the agitating members leading to adjournment of the House for a brief time.
Amid the ruckus, Leader of the Congress in the Lok Sabha Mallikarjun Kharge said it was not right to mention that saffron flag would be hoisted on the Red Fort and not the tricolour.
Members from Trinamool Congress, RJD and Congress trooped into the Well shouting slogans demanding that the remark be removed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city