Uproar in LS as Sena MP says saffron flag to be hoisted atop Red Fort
New Delhi: Lok Sabha witnessed ruckus on Tuesday after a Shiv Sena member remarked that saffron flag would be hoisted atop the Red Fort leading to a brief adjournment.
Opposition members protested when Prataprao Ganpatrao Jadhav (SS) said they would unfurl saffron flag on the Red Fort in Delhi.
Jadhav was speaking on the Motion of Thanks on the President`s address to Parliament.
Opposing the remark, members from Congress, Trinamool Congress and Left parties urged the Speaker to remove it from the records.
Arjun Charan Sethi, who was in the Chair, assured the agitating members that he would examine the record and remove if there was anything objectionable.
However, the assurance failed to pacify the agitating members leading to adjournment of the House for a brief time.
Amid the ruckus, Leader of the Congress in the Lok Sabha Mallikarjun Kharge said it was not right to mention that saffron flag would be hoisted on the Red Fort and not the tricolour.
Members from Trinamool Congress, RJD and Congress trooped into the Well shouting slogans demanding that the remark be removed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?