UPSC aspirants protest outside Rajnath Singh`s house
New Delhi: A group of UPSC aspirants on Friday staged a protest outside the residence of Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh here to demand a four-year age relaxation in the examinations of these services.
The protesters also demanded the removal of Civil Services Aptitude Tests (CSATs).
"During Lok Sabha elections, Rajnath had promised us in Allahabad that if BJP came to power, it would give us six-year age relaxation. Today, we have come here to remind him about his promise," a protester said.
Protesters gathered outside Rajnath`s residence this morning and shouted slogans in favour of their demand.
The protest was called off after senior police officials intervened in the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series