UPSC aspirants protest outside Rajnath Singh`s house
New Delhi: A group of UPSC aspirants on Friday staged a protest outside the residence of Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh here to demand a four-year age relaxation in the examinations of these services.
The protesters also demanded the removal of Civil Services Aptitude Tests (CSATs).
"During Lok Sabha elections, Rajnath had promised us in Allahabad that if BJP came to power, it would give us six-year age relaxation. Today, we have come here to remind him about his promise," a protester said.
Protesters gathered outside Rajnath`s residence this morning and shouted slogans in favour of their demand.
The protest was called off after senior police officials intervened in the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- Kerry arrives in India for strategic dialogue; terrorism emanating from Pakistan, visa issues on agenda
- UP polls: Rahul Gandhi to cover 2,500 km, 233 Assembly constituencies, 39 districts, but no big rallies
- Lionel Messi's Argentina return hampered by groin injury, Sergio Aguero too ruled out
- Curfew lifted in Kashmir Valley, Rajnath Singh to head all-party team on Sept 4
- ISS astronaut Jeff Williams shares captivating image of the USA's west coast! - See pic