UPSC topper Agrawal aspired to become IAS officer
Nagpur: A jubilant Shena Agrawal from Haryana who topped the UPSC examination this year said that she was expecting to do well in the exam but never felt that she would be a topper.
Shena, who is pursuing Indian Revenue Service (IRS) at the National Academy of Direct Taxes (NADT) here had completed her MBBS from the All India Institute of Medical Sciences and later got into IRS after she cleared her exam last year but she had always aspired to become an IAS officer.
"I always dreamt of getting into IAS. Last time, I gave the exam and got IRS which is also a good career option, but IAS was always my aim," a delighted Sheena said.
When she was doing her MBBS, she had visited rural areas for training and saw the lack of basic facilities there and wanted to extend a helping hand to people there.
"I strongly felt to work for these people and for that purpose I aspired to become IAS. In our country, the policies formulated are good but the problem lies in their implementation. I want to implement policies at the grass root level and reach out to those who need support from the government. I needed a wider platform to work with the masses and I think I got that," she said before leaving for New Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...