UPSC topper Agrawal aspired to become IAS officer
Nagpur: A jubilant Shena Agrawal from Haryana who topped the UPSC examination this year said that she was expecting to do well in the exam but never felt that she would be a topper.
Shena, who is pursuing Indian Revenue Service (IRS) at the National Academy of Direct Taxes (NADT) here had completed her MBBS from the All India Institute of Medical Sciences and later got into IRS after she cleared her exam last year but she had always aspired to become an IAS officer.
"I always dreamt of getting into IAS. Last time, I gave the exam and got IRS which is also a good career option, but IAS was always my aim," a delighted Sheena said.
When she was doing her MBBS, she had visited rural areas for training and saw the lack of basic facilities there and wanted to extend a helping hand to people there.
"I strongly felt to work for these people and for that purpose I aspired to become IAS. In our country, the policies formulated are good but the problem lies in their implementation. I want to implement policies at the grass root level and reach out to those who need support from the government. I needed a wider platform to work with the masses and I think I got that," she said before leaving for New Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hrithik Roshan, Pooja Hegde drench in colours of old-age romance in 'Sarsariya' from 'Mohenjo Daro'!
- Wayne Rooney aims to take up coaching after retirement
- Need for 'Sharia' like laws to check crimes against women: MNS chief Raj Thackeray
- Muttiah Muralitharan: Sri Lanka cricket files complaint against former off-spinner for insulting team manager
- SC allows Mumbai rape survivor to terminate 24-week-old abnormal foetus