US, France condemn Kabul attack
New Delhi: The US and France on Saturday condemned
the attack on Indians in Kabul, saying the terrorists who
targeted innocent people on humanitarian mission work against
peace and dialogue.
"I offer sincere condolences to the Government of India
and the families, friends, and loved ones of those injured and
killed in yesterday`s tragic attack in Kabul," US Ambassador
Timothy Roemer said in a statement here.
Hailing India`s humanitarian commitment in Afghanistan in
areas like agriculture, development and children`s hospitals,
he said it is improving the lives of so many in that country.
"India is helping ensure for Afghans a future of
stability and prosperity," Roemer said, adding "the terrorists
who targeted and murdered innocent people work against peace
and dialogue and offer nothing but bloodshed, violence, and
The French Embassy, in a statement, termed the attack as
a "dastardly" act and expressed its solidarity with India in
the common fight against terrorism.
"Against the backdrop of the Mumbai and the more recent
Pune attacks, France once again wishes to share in the grief
of India, in losing its citizens to such dastardly acts of
terror," it said.
"The Government of France assures the Prime Minister of
India, Dr Manmohan Singh, of its complete solidarity with
India and reaffirms its common determination with New Delhi to
fight terrorism relentlessly," the statement said.
Taliban targeted hotels in Kabul housing Indians who were
there in connection with development and reconstruction works.
Six Indians were among 17 people killed in the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report