US, France condemn Kabul attack
New Delhi: The US and France on Saturday condemned
the attack on Indians in Kabul, saying the terrorists who
targeted innocent people on humanitarian mission work against
peace and dialogue.
"I offer sincere condolences to the Government of India
and the families, friends, and loved ones of those injured and
killed in yesterday`s tragic attack in Kabul," US Ambassador
Timothy Roemer said in a statement here.
Hailing India`s humanitarian commitment in Afghanistan in
areas like agriculture, development and children`s hospitals,
he said it is improving the lives of so many in that country.
"India is helping ensure for Afghans a future of
stability and prosperity," Roemer said, adding "the terrorists
who targeted and murdered innocent people work against peace
and dialogue and offer nothing but bloodshed, violence, and
The French Embassy, in a statement, termed the attack as
a "dastardly" act and expressed its solidarity with India in
the common fight against terrorism.
"Against the backdrop of the Mumbai and the more recent
Pune attacks, France once again wishes to share in the grief
of India, in losing its citizens to such dastardly acts of
terror," it said.
"The Government of France assures the Prime Minister of
India, Dr Manmohan Singh, of its complete solidarity with
India and reaffirms its common determination with New Delhi to
fight terrorism relentlessly," the statement said.
Taliban targeted hotels in Kabul housing Indians who were
there in connection with development and reconstruction works.
Six Indians were among 17 people killed in the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader