US, France condemn Kabul attack
New Delhi: The US and France on Saturday condemned
the attack on Indians in Kabul, saying the terrorists who
targeted innocent people on humanitarian mission work against
peace and dialogue.
"I offer sincere condolences to the Government of India
and the families, friends, and loved ones of those injured and
killed in yesterday`s tragic attack in Kabul," US Ambassador
Timothy Roemer said in a statement here.
Hailing India`s humanitarian commitment in Afghanistan in
areas like agriculture, development and children`s hospitals,
he said it is improving the lives of so many in that country.
"India is helping ensure for Afghans a future of
stability and prosperity," Roemer said, adding "the terrorists
who targeted and murdered innocent people work against peace
and dialogue and offer nothing but bloodshed, violence, and
The French Embassy, in a statement, termed the attack as
a "dastardly" act and expressed its solidarity with India in
the common fight against terrorism.
"Against the backdrop of the Mumbai and the more recent
Pune attacks, France once again wishes to share in the grief
of India, in losing its citizens to such dastardly acts of
terror," it said.
"The Government of France assures the Prime Minister of
India, Dr Manmohan Singh, of its complete solidarity with
India and reaffirms its common determination with New Delhi to
fight terrorism relentlessly," the statement said.
Taliban targeted hotels in Kabul housing Indians who were
there in connection with development and reconstruction works.
Six Indians were among 17 people killed in the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview