Use IT to promote books, Urdu language, says Sibal
New Delhi: Telecom Minister Kapil Sibal on Wednesday said National Book Trust and National Council for Promotion of Urdu Language should join hands with the IT ministry with a view to promoting books and the language.
"I would request the NBT along with the National Council for Promotion of Urdu language to tie up with the Ministry of Information Technology because in a three-way collaboration we can promote not just the Urdu language but a lot of books in the NBT as well," Sibal said while inaugurating the National Book week here.
He added that even a software can be made that can help in translation of books.
Talking about the technological changes, Sibal said that these changes would only help children to access large number of books with a click of a button.
"After launching Aakash, our dream is that children may also access books through it," he said.
Sibal said books should not only be available in printed form but also in digitalised form.
He released about 10 NBT books for children in Hindi and English.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert