Use IT to promote books, Urdu language, says Sibal
New Delhi: Telecom Minister Kapil Sibal on Wednesday said National Book Trust and National Council for Promotion of Urdu Language should join hands with the IT ministry with a view to promoting books and the language.
"I would request the NBT along with the National Council for Promotion of Urdu language to tie up with the Ministry of Information Technology because in a three-way collaboration we can promote not just the Urdu language but a lot of books in the NBT as well," Sibal said while inaugurating the National Book week here.
He added that even a software can be made that can help in translation of books.
Talking about the technological changes, Sibal said that these changes would only help children to access large number of books with a click of a button.
"After launching Aakash, our dream is that children may also access books through it," he said.
Sibal said books should not only be available in printed form but also in digitalised form.
He released about 10 NBT books for children in Hindi and English.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- SHOCKING! Diego Maradona claims Lionel Messi 'staged' international retirement - Here's why
- Marijuana compound may improve night vision
- Know how these two Mumbai brothers turned Rs 25 thousand into Rs 9,000 crores
- Seven killed in Mogadishu beach restaurant attack: Official
- Hungary to build second fence on border with Serbia to keep out migrants