Use IT to promote books, Urdu language, says Sibal
New Delhi: Telecom Minister Kapil Sibal on Wednesday said National Book Trust and National Council for Promotion of Urdu Language should join hands with the IT ministry with a view to promoting books and the language.
"I would request the NBT along with the National Council for Promotion of Urdu language to tie up with the Ministry of Information Technology because in a three-way collaboration we can promote not just the Urdu language but a lot of books in the NBT as well," Sibal said while inaugurating the National Book week here.
He added that even a software can be made that can help in translation of books.
Talking about the technological changes, Sibal said that these changes would only help children to access large number of books with a click of a button.
"After launching Aakash, our dream is that children may also access books through it," he said.
Sibal said books should not only be available in printed form but also in digitalised form.
He released about 10 NBT books for children in Hindi and English.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Dope scandal: Narsingh Yadav's Rio Olympics fate hangs in balance as NADA set to pronounce verdict today
- Indo-US counter-terrorism joint working group to meet today
- Hillary Clinton more qualified than anyone to serve as US president: Barack Obama
- Rahul Gandhi likely to speak on price rise in Lok Sabha today
- 2006 Aurangabad arms haul case: Ten years later, MCOCA court likely to deliver verdict today