Use IT to promote books, Urdu language, says Sibal
New Delhi: Telecom Minister Kapil Sibal on Wednesday said National Book Trust and National Council for Promotion of Urdu Language should join hands with the IT ministry with a view to promoting books and the language.
"I would request the NBT along with the National Council for Promotion of Urdu language to tie up with the Ministry of Information Technology because in a three-way collaboration we can promote not just the Urdu language but a lot of books in the NBT as well," Sibal said while inaugurating the National Book week here.
He added that even a software can be made that can help in translation of books.
Talking about the technological changes, Sibal said that these changes would only help children to access large number of books with a click of a button.
"After launching Aakash, our dream is that children may also access books through it," he said.
Sibal said books should not only be available in printed form but also in digitalised form.
He released about 10 NBT books for children in Hindi and English.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral