Uttarakhand floods: BJP in habit of doing politicis on every issue, Congress
New Delhi: Congress on Tuesday hit back at BJP accusing it of "playing politics" over sensitive issues as the opposition party slammed it for "totally failing" in tackling terror and linking the nation`s security with "vote bank politics".
"It is the BJP which belives in vote bank politics and not Congress. Instead of applying some understanding in incidents of natural disaster and other sensitive incidents, the BJP immediately starts politicising the issue like they did during the Uttarakhand flash flood.
"It has a habit to do politics on every issue," party spokesperson Bhakta Charan Das told reporters here.
He was reacting to questions over BJP chief Rajnath Singh`s allegation that the UPA government has totally failed to take action against terror and Leader of Opposition Arun Jaitley`s remarks that UPA government has linked the security of the nation to the politics of vote bank.
The BJP President also suspected the role of home grown sleeper modules of terror groups in Mahabodhi temple blasts.
Das however, said that "no party should do politics on such issues. BJP should not do politics on it."
He also had a dig at the BJP for its attack on Nitish Kumar`s government in Bihar on the blast issue.
"If they are not doing politics what is this. They were part of the government till recently. Till then, the government was fine. Now everything in the government is bad. Why they did not say anthing earlier if it was so," Das said.
Alluding to the last month`s Naxal attack in Bastar in the BJP-ruled Chattisgarh, he also asked "what kind of law and order was there in Chhattisgarh?".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- India vs Australia: Ravindra Jadeja clobbers Steve O'Keefe, Nathan Lyon for sixes — VIDEO