Uttarakhand floods: BJP in habit of doing politicis on every issue, Congress
New Delhi: Congress on Tuesday hit back at BJP accusing it of "playing politics" over sensitive issues as the opposition party slammed it for "totally failing" in tackling terror and linking the nation`s security with "vote bank politics".
"It is the BJP which belives in vote bank politics and not Congress. Instead of applying some understanding in incidents of natural disaster and other sensitive incidents, the BJP immediately starts politicising the issue like they did during the Uttarakhand flash flood.
"It has a habit to do politics on every issue," party spokesperson Bhakta Charan Das told reporters here.
He was reacting to questions over BJP chief Rajnath Singh`s allegation that the UPA government has totally failed to take action against terror and Leader of Opposition Arun Jaitley`s remarks that UPA government has linked the security of the nation to the politics of vote bank.
The BJP President also suspected the role of home grown sleeper modules of terror groups in Mahabodhi temple blasts.
Das however, said that "no party should do politics on such issues. BJP should not do politics on it."
He also had a dig at the BJP for its attack on Nitish Kumar`s government in Bihar on the blast issue.
"If they are not doing politics what is this. They were part of the government till recently. Till then, the government was fine. Now everything in the government is bad. Why they did not say anthing earlier if it was so," Das said.
Alluding to the last month`s Naxal attack in Bastar in the BJP-ruled Chattisgarh, he also asked "what kind of law and order was there in Chhattisgarh?".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!