Uttarakhand floods: BJP in habit of doing politicis on every issue, Congress
New Delhi: Congress on Tuesday hit back at BJP accusing it of "playing politics" over sensitive issues as the opposition party slammed it for "totally failing" in tackling terror and linking the nation`s security with "vote bank politics".
"It is the BJP which belives in vote bank politics and not Congress. Instead of applying some understanding in incidents of natural disaster and other sensitive incidents, the BJP immediately starts politicising the issue like they did during the Uttarakhand flash flood.
"It has a habit to do politics on every issue," party spokesperson Bhakta Charan Das told reporters here.
He was reacting to questions over BJP chief Rajnath Singh`s allegation that the UPA government has totally failed to take action against terror and Leader of Opposition Arun Jaitley`s remarks that UPA government has linked the security of the nation to the politics of vote bank.
The BJP President also suspected the role of home grown sleeper modules of terror groups in Mahabodhi temple blasts.
Das however, said that "no party should do politics on such issues. BJP should not do politics on it."
He also had a dig at the BJP for its attack on Nitish Kumar`s government in Bihar on the blast issue.
"If they are not doing politics what is this. They were part of the government till recently. Till then, the government was fine. Now everything in the government is bad. Why they did not say anthing earlier if it was so," Das said.
Alluding to the last month`s Naxal attack in Bastar in the BJP-ruled Chattisgarh, he also asked "what kind of law and order was there in Chhattisgarh?".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- 'Mann Ki Baat': PM Narendra Modi to address nation today, may talk to Army jawans
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015