Uttarakhand floods: Govt appoints Duggal as nodal officer
New Delhi: The Centre on Friday appointed a former top bureaucrat as the nodal officer for relief and rescue operations in rain-ravaged Uttarakhand, saying lack of proper coordination was hampering its mitigation efforts.
After an hour-long review meeting on relief and rescue operations, Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde said there was an impression that lack of coordination among different agencies involved in the relief and rescue operations was hampering the government`s mitigation efforts.
"So, we have decided to appoint former Union Home Secretary V K Duggal as nodal officer to coordinate the relief and rescue operations. He will operate from Dehradun from tomorrow onwards," he said.
The review meeting, attended by representatives of the Ministries of Home, Defence, Food, Surface Transport, NDMA etc, decided that all-out efforts will be made to give relief to the affected people by making available all infrastructure and materials.
The Home Minister will visit Uttarakhand tomorrow to oversee the relief and rescue operations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest