Uttarakhand floods: Govt appoints Duggal as nodal officer
New Delhi: The Centre on Friday appointed a former top bureaucrat as the nodal officer for relief and rescue operations in rain-ravaged Uttarakhand, saying lack of proper coordination was hampering its mitigation efforts.
After an hour-long review meeting on relief and rescue operations, Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde said there was an impression that lack of coordination among different agencies involved in the relief and rescue operations was hampering the government`s mitigation efforts.
"So, we have decided to appoint former Union Home Secretary V K Duggal as nodal officer to coordinate the relief and rescue operations. He will operate from Dehradun from tomorrow onwards," he said.
The review meeting, attended by representatives of the Ministries of Home, Defence, Food, Surface Transport, NDMA etc, decided that all-out efforts will be made to give relief to the affected people by making available all infrastructure and materials.
The Home Minister will visit Uttarakhand tomorrow to oversee the relief and rescue operations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate