Varun Gandhi hits out at Digvijay Singh
New Delhi: BJP leader Varun Gandhi today hit
out at Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh for his
comments that there is a nexus between his party and Team
Anna, saying he should "stop tilting at the windmills".
Singh has often attacked Hazare and his team for being
close to the BJP and RSS. He had charged that Hazare`s fast at
Ramlila grounds was run with RSS support, a contention denied
by the Gandhian but accepted by the Sangh fountainhead.
"What nexus between BJP and Team Anna? I am an avowed
supporter of the Janlokpal Bill- and yet have never met or
spoken to Kejriwal, Bedi, Anna," Gandhi said on Twitter while
hitting out at Singh.
"Like every Indian, I am just fed up with corruption and
the inability of the system to combat it. Digvijayaji should
stop tilting at the windmills," he said.
Gandhi seems to have used this phrase- which means
attacking imaginary enemies, or fighting unwinnable or futile
battles- to drive home his point that Singh is needlessly
creating a controversy where none exists.
Though Gandhi maintains that he has never met Hazare, he
had visited Ramlila grounds when the Gandhian was on his fast
for a Jan Lokpal Bill.
BJP has stated in Parliament that it fully supports the
Jan Lokpal Bill.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra