VHP leader Togadia launches `Blood 4 India` mobile app
Ahmedabad: Vishwa Hindu Parishad international working president Pravin Togadia on Friday launched a dedicated mobile app for those citizens "who either want to donate or seek blood in emergency".
During the launching ceremony here, Togadia, who is also a cancer surgeon, claimed that the app called `Blood 4 India` "will bridge a gap between donors and seekers of blood across India".
The app is designed and launched under the banner of `India Health Line`.
"After downloading this App on any smart phone, you can register yourself as a proud blood donor. Similarly, you can also register yourself if you need blood and find the donors through this App," Togadia said during his interaction with media.
"Don`t wait till emergency. Registering on `Blood 4 India` helps you to be a good Samaritan. It will also let you know the availability of the blood of your blood group near your area anywhere in India," said Togadia, also the national president of `India Health Line` which aims at collecting blood for various blood banks all over the country through its annual blood donation drive.
"Blood is life. Donating blood is donating life. Registering on `Blood 4 India` will give you the greatest `punya` (good deed) and joy of saving lives," the VHP leader said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed