Vice Admiral Chatterjee takes over as CINCAN chief
Kolkata: Vice Admiral Pradeep Kumar Chatterjee has taken over as the Commander-in-Chief of the Andaman & Nicobar Command (CINCAN), a defence ministry release said Wednesday.
Vice Admiral Chatterjee was the deputy chief of naval staff before assuming his present appointment earlier this month.
Decorated with the Param Vishisht Seva Medal (PVSM) and the Ati Vishisht Seva Medal (AVSM), Vice Admiral Chatterjee is an alumnus of the Rashtriya Indian Military College, DehraDun, and the National Defence Academy, Pune.
He was commissioned into the Indian Navy Jan 1, 1977.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- Women have emotionally more intense nightmares than men
- BJP leader's son abducted by suspected ULFA militants, Rs 1cr ransom demanded
- Jio test uses commercial airwaves, but no revenue to govt: COAI
- South Africa vs New Zealand, 1st Test, Day 4: Play abandoned again in Durban
- RBL Bank's IPO oversubscribed 3 times on Day 2