Vice Admiral Chatterjee takes over as CINCAN chief
Kolkata: Vice Admiral Pradeep Kumar Chatterjee has taken over as the Commander-in-Chief of the Andaman & Nicobar Command (CINCAN), a defence ministry release said Wednesday.
Vice Admiral Chatterjee was the deputy chief of naval staff before assuming his present appointment earlier this month.
Decorated with the Param Vishisht Seva Medal (PVSM) and the Ati Vishisht Seva Medal (AVSM), Vice Admiral Chatterjee is an alumnus of the Rashtriya Indian Military College, DehraDun, and the National Defence Academy, Pune.
He was commissioned into the Indian Navy Jan 1, 1977.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’