Vice President Ansari leaves for Tajikistan
New Delhi: Vice President Mohammad Hamid Ansari left on Sunday on a four-day official visit to Tajikistan.
Ansari is being accompanied by a high-level delegation.
He will meet the President of Tajikistan, Emomali Rahmon, and the Prime Minister of Tajikistan Oqil Oqilov, on Monday.
Ansari will visit the Khatlon Province of Tajikistan and meet with its Governor on Tuesday. He will also visit the Tajik Technical University during his stay in Dushanbe.
Relations between India and Tajikistan have traditionally been cordial and close. During the last state visit of the President of Tajikistan to India in 2012, both countries elevated their bilateral relationship to the level of strategic partnership.
India and Tajikistan have had regular high level exchanges and significant progress has taken place in strengthening cooperation in strategic areas and in development partnership between both the countries.
India and Tajikistan continue to work together for peace, prosperity and security in our common neighbourhood and Tajikistan is one of India``s close partners in the international arena.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- OROP implementation after Bihar poll, says Manohar Parrikar
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men