Vice President greets nation on Raksha Bandhan
New Delhi: Vice President Hamid Ansari on Friday greeted the nation on the eve of Raksha Bandhan, calling upon people to imbibe the ideals associated with the festival to foster the spirit of amity, harmony and goodwill.
Ansari said in his message that the festival promotes harmonious social life by reaffirming faith in the traditional values of love and protection.
"I convey my greetings and good wishes to the people of our country on the auspicious occasion of Raksha Bandhan. It is celebrated all over the country to strengthen the fraternal bonds of affection between brothers and sisters," he said.
The festival which celebrates the bond of love between brothers and sisters will be celebrated on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Brexit: Could Britain's withdrawal from EU still be averted?
- Islamic State bombings in southern Yemen kill 38
- UK pensions minister Crabb considering bid to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- Special panel on India's NSG membership bid? We're not aware, says China
- Ruby Rai, Bihar Class 12 topper now under arrest for cheating, says she never wanted to top the exam