Vyas extends support to flood-hit Uttarakhand
New Delhi: Union Minister Girija Vyas on Saturday assured full support to flood-hit Uttarakhand for dealing with the crisis situation.
Vyas said that steps would be taken for providing livelihood to the displaced people under the Scheme of Swarna Jayanti Shahari Rozgar Yojana.
Necessary financial help will also be provided for reconstruction of houses in the urban areas/towns through its flagship programme `Rajiv Awas Yojana`, a government release quoted her as saying.
The Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation Ministry has also decided that a minimum of one-day`s salary will be given by the Ministerial staff including its attached office, PSUs etc as a donation towards Uttarakhand Relief Fund.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Athlete Dutee Chand qualifies for Rio Olympics in 100m sprint
- Enthusiasm in social networking may earn you a job: ASSOCHAM report
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- Beware! Excessive gadget use could stimulate early ageing: Doctors
- Haryana gang-rape victim sends notice to Salman Khan
- Amit Shah's dig at Akhilesh Yadav: Will Barack Obama maintain law and order in UP
- Mutual Funds pump in Rs 7,200-crore in stock markets in April-June
- Vikram Bhatt rips apart Kamaal R Khan through FB post! – Full text