Vyas extends support to flood-hit Uttarakhand
New Delhi: Union Minister Girija Vyas on Saturday assured full support to flood-hit Uttarakhand for dealing with the crisis situation.
Vyas said that steps would be taken for providing livelihood to the displaced people under the Scheme of Swarna Jayanti Shahari Rozgar Yojana.
Necessary financial help will also be provided for reconstruction of houses in the urban areas/towns through its flagship programme `Rajiv Awas Yojana`, a government release quoted her as saying.
The Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation Ministry has also decided that a minimum of one-day`s salary will be given by the Ministerial staff including its attached office, PSUs etc as a donation towards Uttarakhand Relief Fund.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days