Vyas extends support to flood-hit Uttarakhand
New Delhi: Union Minister Girija Vyas on Saturday assured full support to flood-hit Uttarakhand for dealing with the crisis situation.
Vyas said that steps would be taken for providing livelihood to the displaced people under the Scheme of Swarna Jayanti Shahari Rozgar Yojana.
Necessary financial help will also be provided for reconstruction of houses in the urban areas/towns through its flagship programme `Rajiv Awas Yojana`, a government release quoted her as saying.
The Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation Ministry has also decided that a minimum of one-day`s salary will be given by the Ministerial staff including its attached office, PSUs etc as a donation towards Uttarakhand Relief Fund.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Uttarakhand board Class 10th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- Goa GBSHSE SSC Class 10th Results 2016 to be declared today May 25, 2016 at 3 PM
- Uttarakhand board Class 12th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- 'Russia killed 28,000 militants in Syria, third of all IS forces'
- Thousands of migrants saved in 23 rescue operations off Libya