Vyas extends support to flood-hit Uttarakhand
New Delhi: Union Minister Girija Vyas on Saturday assured full support to flood-hit Uttarakhand for dealing with the crisis situation.
Vyas said that steps would be taken for providing livelihood to the displaced people under the Scheme of Swarna Jayanti Shahari Rozgar Yojana.
Necessary financial help will also be provided for reconstruction of houses in the urban areas/towns through its flagship programme `Rajiv Awas Yojana`, a government release quoted her as saying.
The Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation Ministry has also decided that a minimum of one-day`s salary will be given by the Ministerial staff including its attached office, PSUs etc as a donation towards Uttarakhand Relief Fund.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional