Wasnik tells Anna, Ramdev to join politics
Dausa: Union minister Mukul Wasnik on Monday asked social activist Anna Hazare and yoga guru Ramdev to join politics by floating a political party if they have the mass support.
"If they believe they have the mass support, they should join politics by properly forming a political party," he said.
"By doing so, they will come to know whether they have the public support or not," said the Union minister for Social Justice and Empowerment.
Wasnik was speaking at a programme to commemorate the 12th death anniversary of former Union minister Rajesh Pilot in Rajasthan`s Dausa district.
An 18-ft staute of Pilot was also unveiled in Bhanada village on Jaipur-Agra national highway on the occasion.
"Ramdev and Anna are levelling baseless allegations against the government, the Prime Minister and ministers. But, they will have to be answerable to the people," Wasnik said.
Union minister of State for Telecommunications and IT Sachin Pilot, Rajesh Pilot`s son, said his father had carved a place in hearts of the people with his hard work, dedication and love for all.
He appealed to both Meena and Gujjar communities to help restore peace in the area.
Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot and his Haryana counterpoint Bhupinder Singh Hooda were among those present on the occasion.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata