Wasnik tells Anna, Ramdev to join politics
Dausa: Union minister Mukul Wasnik on Monday asked social activist Anna Hazare and yoga guru Ramdev to join politics by floating a political party if they have the mass support.
"If they believe they have the mass support, they should join politics by properly forming a political party," he said.
"By doing so, they will come to know whether they have the public support or not," said the Union minister for Social Justice and Empowerment.
Wasnik was speaking at a programme to commemorate the 12th death anniversary of former Union minister Rajesh Pilot in Rajasthan`s Dausa district.
An 18-ft staute of Pilot was also unveiled in Bhanada village on Jaipur-Agra national highway on the occasion.
"Ramdev and Anna are levelling baseless allegations against the government, the Prime Minister and ministers. But, they will have to be answerable to the people," Wasnik said.
Union minister of State for Telecommunications and IT Sachin Pilot, Rajesh Pilot`s son, said his father had carved a place in hearts of the people with his hard work, dedication and love for all.
He appealed to both Meena and Gujjar communities to help restore peace in the area.
Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot and his Haryana counterpoint Bhupinder Singh Hooda were among those present on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users