We are not in a habit of inflating bills: Bardhan
New Delhi: Taking a dig at Team Anna member
Kiran Bedi who is facing fresh controversy, top CPI leader A B
Bardhan today wondered what will happen if those involved in
corruption defend their actions on the pretext of helping
"Ask her, she is serving inflated bills. We are not in
the habit of serving inflated bills," CPI General Secretary
Bardhan, who along with his party colleagues is sitting on a
24-hour fast here demanding a strong Lokpal, said.
He was responding to allegations that the former IPS
officer Bedi was overcharging companies and institutions by
inflating her travel expenses. She is also accused of availing
discounts using her gallantry medal.
Bedi defended herself, saying that the money went to
India Vision Foundation, run by her, and there was no personal
gain it it.
"(Imagine) anybody who is indulging in corruption
propagating this (defence)," Bardhan told reporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?