We are not in a habit of inflating bills: Bardhan
New Delhi: Taking a dig at Team Anna member
Kiran Bedi who is facing fresh controversy, top CPI leader A B
Bardhan today wondered what will happen if those involved in
corruption defend their actions on the pretext of helping
"Ask her, she is serving inflated bills. We are not in
the habit of serving inflated bills," CPI General Secretary
Bardhan, who along with his party colleagues is sitting on a
24-hour fast here demanding a strong Lokpal, said.
He was responding to allegations that the former IPS
officer Bedi was overcharging companies and institutions by
inflating her travel expenses. She is also accused of availing
discounts using her gallantry medal.
Bedi defended herself, saying that the money went to
India Vision Foundation, run by her, and there was no personal
gain it it.
"(Imagine) anybody who is indulging in corruption
propagating this (defence)," Bardhan told reporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- ISI plotting terror attacks on India in December: Sources