Who is the leader of the country? Modi asks Congress
Kolkata: Launching a blistering attack on the Manmohan Singh government, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday termed the UPA government as the most hated since independence and that time has come to uproot it from power.
Addressing BJP workers, Modi said, “It is the need of the hour...we have to take determination to uproot the Congress. We have to defeat those who want to break the nation.”
Referring to the controversy in the Congress party over ‘two power centres’, Modi said, “I don’t what to make anything out of it, tell me friends, is power seen anywhere? Can the vehicle can’t be run by charging the battery?”
Launching a direct attack on Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Modi said, “I request the media of Bengal to interview 100 Congressmen. Just ask them one question, who is the leader of the country?”
“Not 1 in the 100 will name Dr Manmohan Singh as the leader of the country. The party which does not consider its Prime Minister as its leader, then how can that Prime Minister lead the country?” he added.
“The Congress has ruled for so many years from panchayat to Parliament…there was only one party, there was no opposition. Those were days when media was not active, no PIL, not judicial activism, NGOs were not active. Three decades passed- no one asked Congress anything,” Modi said.
“When there was no hindrance, what was the reason, the Congress could not give the country anything? And now when we are in power, the CBI comes probing, PIL is filed, we are attacked via the media…amid so many problems, wherever the BJP got the opportunity to run the government, not one corruption case has emerged against the BJP government,” he pointed out.
“Is there is anything that the Congress can say that they have done? One Congress leader says that they have given mobile… You (the assembled crowd) bought the mobile from your pocket then how can they say we gave these mobiles,” Modi said to rapturous applause.
“One leader came to Gujarat & said see the mobile in your pocket...we gave. I said forget mobile but what about the charger? First give electricity then talk of mobile” he quipped.
Targeting the Congress, Modi added: “There is no government, there is no governance… no good news comes now…when I ask my friends in the Congress to list out 10 good things they have done in the last one year, they can`t answer it…”
Earlier in the day, Modi parried a question on his prime ministerial ambitions as he pitched for West Bengal’s development and blamed the Centre for neglecting the non-Congress ruled states. “I am not a politician. I am an apolitical person,” Modi said when asked about his desire to become the prime minister of the country.
In his much-awaited interface with West Bengal industry captains, Modi said that the state has suffered a lot in the past 32 years due to misgovernance and said that the Centre is responsible for poor state of affairs in non-Congress ruled states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...