Why Amar had to be rushed to AIIMS, asks court
New Delhi: The Tihar jail authorities were
asked by a Delhi court on Tuesday to explain by tomorrow as to what
"necessitated" shifting Rajya Sabha MP Amar Singh, arrested
for his alleged role in cash-for-vote scam, to AIIMS last
The court was scheduled to pronounce its verdict on
Singh`s interim bail plea today but it deferred the same and
listed the matter for further hearing on September 15.
Special Judge Sangita Dhingra Sehgal also ordered the
jail authorities and the AIIMS Director to furnish a report on
Singh`s medical condition by 12 noon tomorrow.
"Let the jail authorities send their report positively at
or before 12 pm (noon) on September 14. The jail authorities
are also directed to furnish a complete report on the medical
condition of the accused (Amar Singh) which necessitated his
shifting to the AIIMS on the evening of September 12," the
The court also asked the AIIMS Director to apprise it of
the medical condition of former Samajwadi Party General
Secretary from the time of his hospitalization there.
"The Director of AIIMS shall also send a report on the
medical condition of the accused (Amar Singh) from the time of
his admission in AIIMS and his present position positively at
or before 12 pm (noon) on September 14.
"Let the application for grant of interim bail be posted
for arguments on September 15 at 10 am," the judge said.
The court also asked the AIIMS, where Amar Singh was
shifted last night, to submit his "entire medical record"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP wins 82 seats in nail-biting finish, Shiv Sena 84; Uddhav, Fadnavis non-committal on alliance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: BJP triumphs across state; hung verdict in BMC elections
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test