Wikileaks expose: Antony asks people to exercise caution
New Delhi: Raising doubts over the
authenticity of the Wikileaks expose, Defence Minister AK Antony Friday asked people to exercise caution in dealing with foreign diplomats and countries.
"Only thing is, my own feeling, however friendly a
country is, our people should always be careful in dealing
with foreign countries," he said while talking to reporters on
sidelines of 61st annual parade of the Territorial Army here.
Replying to questions, he said, "I cannot say anything
about its (WikiLeaks expose`s) authenticity."
Asked if the issue was discussed in the Cabinet
Committee on Security (CCS) meeting yesterday, Antony said, "We have a convention that what ever happen in CCS, we do not brief. So, I am not in position to react to that."
Revelations made by Wikileaks through leaked American diplomatic cables yesterday stirred a political storm as they suggested that some of the opposition MPs were allegedly paid
money to vote in favour of the UPA government in 2008 during a
On opposition parties` assertion that the onus was on
the Government to run the Parliament, the Defence Minister
said, "Our head of the House Pranab Mukherjee has already
given an explanation yesterday. I don`t want to add anything
more. If anything has to be added that will be explained in
On the progress in the trials of M-777 Ultra-Light
Howitzers, Antony said, "Trials are going on. Lots of
procedures have to be completed. Nothing can be said now."
The deal to procure 145 ULHs from the US had hit a
roadblock after the Defence Ministry received a leaked trial
report about the guns.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price