Wikileaks expose: Antony asks people to exercise caution
New Delhi: Raising doubts over the
authenticity of the Wikileaks expose, Defence Minister AK Antony Friday asked people to exercise caution in dealing with foreign diplomats and countries.
"Only thing is, my own feeling, however friendly a
country is, our people should always be careful in dealing
with foreign countries," he said while talking to reporters on
sidelines of 61st annual parade of the Territorial Army here.
Replying to questions, he said, "I cannot say anything
about its (WikiLeaks expose`s) authenticity."
Asked if the issue was discussed in the Cabinet
Committee on Security (CCS) meeting yesterday, Antony said, "We have a convention that what ever happen in CCS, we do not brief. So, I am not in position to react to that."
Revelations made by Wikileaks through leaked American diplomatic cables yesterday stirred a political storm as they suggested that some of the opposition MPs were allegedly paid
money to vote in favour of the UPA government in 2008 during a
On opposition parties` assertion that the onus was on
the Government to run the Parliament, the Defence Minister
said, "Our head of the House Pranab Mukherjee has already
given an explanation yesterday. I don`t want to add anything
more. If anything has to be added that will be explained in
On the progress in the trials of M-777 Ultra-Light
Howitzers, Antony said, "Trials are going on. Lots of
procedures have to be completed. Nothing can be said now."
The deal to procure 145 ULHs from the US had hit a
roadblock after the Defence Ministry received a leaked trial
report about the guns.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami - Tithi, Muhurt and Vidhi